gabi insurance broker

/billy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very interesting san francisco ca startup, gabi insurance for ca customers ONLY will compare your current insurance with 15 other auto insurance companies. They make it easy to shop because I gave them my online credentials of my geico policy and they automatically pulled my info and told me how much all 15 companies were charging. And they will continually check if there is a better deal later, and be able to cancel your current insurance and sign you up for the new one.

I know there been a lot of talk lately of the liberty mutual tesla insurance thingy. Gabi insurance broker will really save time shopping with their pricleline business model. I imagine the insurance industry is not happy that gabi is pulling back the curtain so to speak.

/billy

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The company is legit. It's like if you use mint or personal capital. Gabi will also let you upload your insurance docs instead of credentials!!!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The company is legit. It's like if you use mint or personal capital. Gabi will also let you upload your insurance docs instead of credentials!!!
Mint is created by a huge company called intuit, meanwhile Gabi is has 11 employees and has no track record of securing your data. For all I know you're providing login data in plain text. Again, I'd change my password asap.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's like if you use mint...
I agree.

I thought about using mint, but in the end decided against it. Sure, Intuit already has all my tax information, but handing over all of my financial website logins and passwords is just too much trust.

Possibly informative - another startup in this space that didn't make it:
http://blog.precipice.org/why-wesabe-lost-to-mint/

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree.

I thought about using mint, but in the end decided against it. Sure, Intuit already has all my tax information, but handing over all of my financial website logins and passwords is just too much trust.

Possibly informative - another startup in this space that didn't make it:
http://blog.precipice.org/why-wesabe-lost-to-mint/
I'm a cyber security guy, so I definitely understand not trusting that kind of data to any company. It took me awhile to give in, but I went ahead and entered it all into Mint and I've been thrilled with the service. At least in this kind of case I'm not actually handing a person my login credentials, I'm just entering it into a system. I don't feel like Mint is any more concerning security wise, than all the individual websites that handle my data.