Future Value of M3

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
So I'm on the fence now for the M3 - for a few reasons... and the delay in my invite hasn't helped.

I typically lease to get a new e-Vehicle and HOV sticker (especially now with the rolling window going into effect for 3years + partial)

So the question - how well do you think the M3 will retain value with the credit going away? better than most or worse? if we go standard depreciation 20/10/10 the 55k car would fetch ~31k in 3 years. but if we take the 7.5k credit into the equation it softens the deprecation and really only costs 16k of depreciation (before taxes). On the other hand if Elon decides to lower the prices post tax credit to remain competitive that will hurt resale value.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's unlikely that Tesla will decrease the price of the Model 3 anytime soon since demand for the vehicle is going to completely outpace supply for the foreseeable future. When the credit goes away, new Teslas will cost more. This will cause demand for used vehicles to increase, which means used prices will rise as well.

Teslas have historically had very low depreciation.
REPORT: THE TESLA MODEL S DEPRECIATES ONLY 28% OVER THE FIRST 50,000 MILES