Future support for Model 3

CleanEV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I just got off the phone with Tesla and maybe I’m over reacting but the future support can be iffy owing to experince I have.

Called in couple of days ago as WiFi won’t see any access points. Also GPS will lose its bearing and when working with SE at Tesla he was unable to pinpoint my location even after pulling the car out of garage and with 3-4 LTE bars. Asked me to reboot by pressing both wheels on steering column. Finally he got my location I was told but now the car shows somewhere else than it really is. SE opened a ticket and mentioned that mobile team will call today and schedule time to fix this. I was psyched that they come and fix it.

Fast forward to today, after speaking with Tesla it was obvious that they dropped the ball and to top it off the mobile team manager is out of office and I can only hope that someone will be calling today otherwise I have to wait till Monday. Wasted whole day to get something fixed that should have been working in the first place. Apologies is all I got. Tesla mentions that they are short staffed and are hiring. Owing to this experience I’m not sure how sustainable this model will be once there are over 500k cars. I voiced my concern and as usual the frontline can only apologize.

I have read rave reviews and wonder how the owners managed to get such high quality service while I have very negative experience the very first time.

If there is something that I should do to have better service experience, please enlighten me.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your location plays a big part in response time. Tesla had to first ramp up production, then ramp up deliveries, and now they're working on ramping up number of service centers and mobile units. Certain parts of the country definitely are lacking service centers, this includes Norway as they've got a lot of Tesla owners there outpacing the service centers.

Future support will be fine, just need more patience as they expand. This is growing pains, nothing more. Tesla is under a lot of heat to produce and perform, this is pretty much the only route that could've worked for them. If they had spent more time and money on service centers first, they would've likely missed the production marks at which time the company may not even be alive today.

We are all early adopters. These are just part of the pains we may have to work through for now. Someone on the mobile team dropped the ball, so that threw things out of whack. Crap happens and it is what it is.

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
lol I threw Norway in there because there was a big deal about Norwegians getting upset about lack of service centers just recently, with Elon acknowledging the problem :)

CleanEV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I guess you read in very specific on my comment @MelindaV. I am just frustrated that I waited all day and wrote something that could have written better. Not expecting anything @Gavyne and I am fully in the know that we all are part of growing pains that will hopefully ease sooner than later. I am sorry if I offended anyone here, my question was around this inaction and specifically how others manage to get exemplary service that they rave about. If there are any specifics I could use the next time, it’ll help me get timely service. Have a wonderful weekend, all.

wawam3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to hear that, I had my M3LR fixed for a few issues here and there with Tesla service team. So far, I am very happy about it. I always start with cool and calm explanations of the issues and then let them come back with their official solutions. Most of the time, it is the best solution.

Hope you have a better service next time...(btw, I'm referring Fremont Service Center)

Gavyne

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla acknowledges the issues and are putting forth steps to improve service, see here: https://electrek.co/2018/07/22/tesla-service-new-initiatives/

A Tesla spokesperson explained the automaker’s latest programs to improve service in a statement today:
“Our global customer satisfaction scores for service are above 90% and at a high of 97% for our mobile service program, which lets us service vehicles in customers’ driveways or at their offices. Even in North America where our customer-base has grown by 75% over the last year, customer satisfaction for service has remained consistently above 90%. Tesla has also topped Consumer Reports’ customer satisfaction survey two years in a row, with 90% of Tesla owners saying they would buy the same car again – more than any other brand. While we’re incredibly proud of the customer support and service we offer, we’re always working to improve. Here are some of the programs underway to make sure all Tesla customers have an even more exceptional experience:
  • Last quarter, we opened a new parts distribution center in California, which has tripled our fulfillment capacity for parts in North America and is helping to expedite the supply of parts to third party body shops. We’re in the process of opening a similar fulfillment center in Europe, which we expect to have the same impact.
  • For the first time, we’re trialing a small network of our own body repair shops in select markets to accommodate light repairs, with the opportunity to expand the program based on customer feedback and results.
  • Given the overwhelming success of our mobile service program, we are expanding the program from 25% coverage globally to 40% coverage globally by the end of the year.
  • While our call volumes have increased dramatically due to the overwhelming excitement around Model 3, this hasn’t impacted our ability to respond to emergency roadside events. We have plans in place to hire additional staff to support customers in the event that they are unable to find their answers on Tesla.com/Support or in their Tesla account.
  • We are aggressively hiring and expanding in markets where our customer satisfaction scores for service are below average. In Norway, for instance, we have already grown our service team by 30% compared to last year, and we’re in the process of opening a large new service center in Oslo this year. Recent feedback from customers in Norway indicates that the improvements have already made a difference.”

Point 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I guess you read in very specific on my comment @MelindaV. I am just frustrated that I waited all day and wrote something that could have written better. Not expecting anything @Gavyne and I am fully in the know that we all are part of growing pains that will hopefully ease sooner than later. I am sorry if I offended anyone here, my question was around this inaction and specifically how others manage to get exemplary service that they rave about. If there are any specifics I could use the next time, it’ll help me get timely service. Have a wonderful weekend, all.

You can always request a loaner
They have been very generous with Model S loaners

And no you shouldn’t be happy with poor service or someone dropping the ball just because they are too busy

These are not inexpensive cars and their service should reflect that