Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Full range very low

4K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Stuart B 
#1 ·
All,

Somehow Tesla of Paramus says 258 range of a long range Model 3 fully charged car is ok...

Other than delivery (275 mile range), I have never had a range over 258 miles.

Anyone else experience this same issue?

Stuart

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'd run that one up to management. No way you should be seeing a 100% charger that low. 1st thing I would try though would be "balancing the pack". I'm no expert but run it down to a low state of charge, less than 10% and fully charge it in one session. From Model S/X boards this is supposed to reset the algorithm and do some black magic deep in the bowles of the beast.

#23 ·
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd hop on here-

My full range is at 298 miles. This is when I programmed my charging to 100% capacity. From the beginning I set my % at 15 and 87. An 87% charge when I first got the car = 265 miles. Two days ago an 87% charge = 259 miles. I had yet to charge fully, so I did last night and only got to 298 miles with the car reading 100%. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Additionally, my charge port cover is going bonkers at times closing and opening and closing and opening.....I noticed that it is not closing flush with the tail lights or side of the car. I checked and nothing was in the way of it closing properly. Any thoughts?

I've only had my car for 2 weeks.

#24 ·
Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd hop on here-

My full range is at 298 miles. This is when I programmed my charging to 100% capacity. From the beginning I set my % at 15 and 87. An 87% charge when I first got the car = 265 miles. Two days ago an 87% charge = 259 miles. I had yet to charge fully, so I did last night and only got to 298 miles with the car reading 100%. Is this something I should be concerned about?
I wouldn't worry about that, it's normal to lose a little range initially. Some of it might even come back if you run it down to 5-10% and then re-charge. It's constantly trying to calibrate itself and that can be hard to do if the battery always stays in the upper end of its range.

Additionally, my charge port cover is going bonkers at times closing and opening and closing and opening.....I noticed that it is not closing flush with the tail lights or side of the car. I checked and nothing was in the way of it closing properly. Any thoughts?

I've only had my car for 2 weeks.
That's something to have Tesla service look at.

#28 ·
Question:
How difficult is a battery swop?

I know the battery is beneath the vehicle, and not as simple as simply removing some bolts and connectors ....
but I wonder if it requires removing other body components, cooling Lines, sensors and etc?

Just curious.
For the Model S they had a battery replacement program intended to be used as a refueling option on road trips. They (Tesla) said the process took 90 seconds but I have never seen any firsthand accounts so I don't know what it was like in the real world. They have since discontinued that program though so I don't know if the Model X or Model 3 have the potential for fast battery swaps like that.

However, I can see a battery replacement taking 2 weeks even if the battery swap itself only takes 2-30min if they have to wait on the part (battery). Production + shipping are not likely to be fast given their current bottlenecks which also mean they aren't likely to have any lying around.

Hopefully this will improve in the future :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.