Official FSDBeta MEGATHREAD <- For all FSD Beta discussions

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.

Have you been selected to participate in the new FSD SW release?

• Total voters

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Came early this morning here. Will get my first test drive this am.
It's reported to have been given to employees. Are you an employee, or possibly one of the original beta testers? Did you rub up against somebody? What's your secret?

• Funny
Reactions: Kizzy

tivoboy

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Slightly OT.. does anyone know if RE-CALIBRATING the cameras will do anything to UN-unroll from the FSD beta? I’m still really annoyed with how far to the RIGHT of the centerline my car tracks, its now gotten worse in the last version here, we’re about 3.5-4 FEET from the centerline and so often too close to cars on the right that fluid travel along a simple road is slowed noticeably and often.

M3OC Rules

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Slightly OT.. does anyone know if RE-CALIBRATING the cameras will do anything to UN-unroll from the FSD beta? I’m still really annoyed with how far to the RIGHT of the centerline my car tracks, its now gotten worse in the last version here, we’re about 3.5-4 FEET from the centerline and so often too close to cars on the right that fluid travel along a simple road is slowed noticeably and often.
It will not unenroll you. Several on Youtube have done this without issue.

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
not sure,,, not employee..early beta test for sure ~ late sept early oct 2021?

Sorry, by original I meant the group that started testing around Dec 2020. I too got FSD in October 2021. No worries now though, as I just downloaded 10.9. Yay!

shareef777

Legendary Member 🏆
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Updated to 10.9 this morning, first drive and turns are vastly improved. Very smooth and have yet to experience any jerking. Very impressed.

However, the actual turn initiation is still bad. Stopped at a stop sign (making a left turn) and FSD let TWO cars in the on-coming lane pass through and did nothing. Had to accelerate into the intersection for FSD to continue the turn. I'd of definitely had cars blaring their horns if there were any behind me.

Also, it CONTINUES to try to pass vehicles across a double solid yellow line whenever there's traffic and we stop for just a couple seconds. Very aggravating when it's THIS aggressive in stopped traffic, but is extremely timid when making left turns.

IMG_2507.jpeg IMG_2508.jpeg IMG_2509.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Klaus-rf and Kizzy

EpsilonKore

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Anyone new getting 10.9? Been at a 98-99 for two week with over 500 miles driven and still no beta.
Same here! I understand it only needs a 98 score, 100 miles of driving, and 7 days to qualify right?
I currently have a 99.3 score, 280 miles and 23 days worth of driving history and no beta!
I previously had a 98 score with 1000+ miles and 2 months of history and didnt get into beta so I opted out and back in right after the Christmas update.
I wonder if some accounts are flagged, or not properly provisioned somehow?

BobR

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Over the past 2 Tesla M3 I have purchased 2 FSD add-ons. Unfortunately, for my 2018 it wasn't available so i thought my 2020 would be the one so I purchased my M3 with that $10K add-on. Then a month or so ago I learn that in order to use it I need to pass a test and score 98 or above. Well my score was determined to be 97 so the download never occurred. And it appears I am out another $10K plus the last $10K with no means of getting any money returned. It is for that reason that I write this as it was not known before I placed $20K into Elons / Tesla pockets with no apparent avenue for regress.
BUYER BE WARE! Bob Roy

StevieC

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Based on TeslaFi, the 10.9 rollout seems to be on hold after being pushed to about 37% of the current FSDbeta fleet. No new pushes yesterday.
10.9 is rolling out so slowly, it’s like deja vu all over again, when I went from 10.5.1 straight to 10.8. I beginning to wonder if I’m going to have to wait a month or so, and hope to get v.11 in a timely manner?

Sjohnson20

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
10.9 is a little better for me. It doesn’t try and crash into the bushes now when entering my neighborhood.

It still really wants to pass for no reason. Earlier it tried to get left behind a slow moving truck even though I was turning right at the next intersection. Hopefully they work on it’s passing soon.

DocScott

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
10.9 is a little better for me. It doesn’t try and crash into the bushes now when entering my neighborhood.

It still really wants to pass for no reason. Earlier it tried to get left behind a slow moving truck even though I was turning right at the next intersection. Hopefully they work on it’s passing soon.
The issues with passing are in part a consequence of trying to go straight to L5.

I know people worry about how the transition back to the driver would occur with L3, but this is a perfect example. A high-functioning L3 could decide it was in a situation where it was "stuck": it's behind something that it thinks might not be going to move (double-parked vehicle, accident, etc.). But going around it would require breaking regular traffic rules (e.g. crossing a double-yellow line) or that might make it more difficult to follow the planned route. In those situations, being stuck is not dangerous; it's just not getting you where to go. An L3 system could chime, alerting the human that there was a decision that needed to be made.

But since that's not Tesla's vision, instead they're already thinking ahead to how the car could deal with being stuck in all sorts of different situations. The result is that it often does things that are too aggressive, requiring an override.

Reactions: Kizzy

francoisp

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y

Which driving profile mode are you using? Chill, Average, or Assertive? May make a difference, idk.