FSD Beta Strike Out Club

Have you been kicked out off FSD Beta based on strike outs?

• Total voters

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I thought I am starting a thread for all of us who used to be in the FSD Beta program but got kicked our.
Curious if anyone got readmitted.
I got kicked on 10.4 and have not received any update since.
My FSD Beta reads "functionality will be restored with a future software update".

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm still in with two strikes. But a better solution would have been an exponential delay in activating FSD Beta. Some sort of log scale, seconds delay: 5; 10; 20; 50; 100; 200; 500; 1000; 2000; ...

The delay gives the tester time to contemplate their 'sins.' <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Kicked out with 10.5 a couple weeks ago.
Welcome to the club. I never got to 10.5. Even though 10.6 was already out when I got booted.
Really curious when we get another chance.
I'm still in with two strikes. But a better solution would have been an exponential delay in activating FSD Beta. Some sort of log scale, seconds delay: 5; 10; 20; 50; 100; 200; 500; 1000; 2000; ...

The delay gives the tester time to contemplate their 'sins.' <GRINS>

Bob Wilson
That's a great idea. I agree would have been better, but probably to crazy to track for them.

I use FSD Beta for every drive and haven't had a warning yet. Are you guys texting on your phone or sitting in the back watching movies?
First 2 strikes, yes. I was on my phone, very slow traffic on high way. Totally my fault.
Second 2 strikes not at all. One was most likely looking to long at the center screen (should have not put it there if you don't want us to look there, lol), and the final one was about not having enough pressure on the wheel, which is really tough to do in stop and go (because you naturally relax if you are going 3 mph or less).

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
the final one was about not having enough pressure on the wheel, which is really tough to do in stop and go (because you naturally relax if you are going 3 mph or less).
I think I misunderstand. I get 'warned' regularly when I'm not applying enough resistance to the steering wheel. It's not a rare occurrence, but I thought a 'strikeout' was when you ignore the warning long enough for the FSD (or AP) system to turn itself off. I didn't think that happened until about 20-30 seconds after ignoring the warning.
Are you saying that you were 'struck out' by merely getting the warning?

• Agree
Reactions: iChris93

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I think I misunderstand. I get 'warned' regularly when I'm not applying enough resistance to the steering wheel. It's not a rare occurrence, but I thought a 'strikeout' was when you ignore the warning long enough for the FSD (or AP) system to turn itself off. I didn't think that happened until about 20-30 seconds after ignoring the warning.
Are you saying that you were 'struck out' by merely getting the warning?
Yes.

pyrotech6

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can someone confirm something for me? I occasionally get a warning to put my hands on the wheel, but I’ve always immediately put my hands on the wheel and the warning goes away. Is this considered a “strikeout “? Or, is there some other level that I have not experienced yet? Where do they keep track of these strikeouts, and how do I view them?

Tombolian

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can someone confirm something for me? I occasionally get a warning to put my hands on the wheel, but I’ve always immediately put my hands on the wheel and the warning goes away. Is this considered a “strikeout “? Or, is there some other level that I have not experienced yet? Where do they keep track of these strikeouts, and how do I view them?
My question exactly. Tesla defines a strikeout as "an incident that causes the loss of Autopilot availability."

I'll state again, I get warned regularly (definitely more than 4 times in the last month, more like 40) yet I still have FSD. I still don't understand the OP's situation. Hoping for more data points on this...

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You will get a message at the end of the drive on the center screen identifying your previous drive as a strike.
My point, that on my 3rd drive I got the cancelation of AP without the grap steering warning. Came our off nowhere while sitting in traffic. 4th strike out was no warnings and the message just popper up when I put the car into park.
I had crazy software problems with the car which led them to change my Bluetooth antenna, might have had something to do with the false alarms, but service said that FSD team does not have any insight on service related items and only go by telemetry of the car.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Came our off nowhere while sitting in traffic.
That was my second strike. Thereafter, I made it a point to manually brake when stopped and make sure there is a torque on the steering wheel all the time. I am one strike away from losing Beta.

Bob Wilson

Reactions: navylsutiger

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m in the club and stuck at version 2021.36.8.8

I don’t see anyone hope for us, sadly.
Welcome to the club. I am still at 38.8.5!!! No holiday update, no nothings. Curious I'd anyone who is in our elite club ;-) has gotten an update.

navylsutiger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I lost it on the 23rd of dec. no holiday update. I hope we get updates again soon. Even if not the FSD just the regular improvements.

navylsutiger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I thought I am starting a thread for all of us who used to be in the FSD Beta program but got kicked our.
My FSD Beta reads "functionality will be restored with a future software update".
I lost it on the 23rd. All of mine were sitting at stop lights. I was hoping we would regain it with the holiday update. But no luck so far.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311

navylsutiger

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
That was my second strike. Thereafter, I made it a point to manually brake when stopped and make sure there is a torque on the steering wheel all the time. I am one strike away from losing Beta.

Bob Wilson
Sounds like a good thing to do. I lost mine while sitting at traffic lights.

Sighcology

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
I drive about 1000 miles a week, and was kicked out just before Christmas. Now the software appears stalled and I'm not getting new updates like many on this thread. Does anyone know what will occur going forward? It would seem there should be some policy at this point. I sent some emails into the void with no effect.

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I wish anyone would know anything. This is pretty ridiculous. I am afraid we won't get anymore updates till FSD will be released our of beta in years, lol. But seriously, at least get us back on the normal track.

Tech-O!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Great thread here - am in the same boat. Hopefully, someone will update the thread at the first sign of progress/information!

Am curious, have any of you attempted to right to fsdbeta@tesla.com in order to opt out? If so, were you then able to obtain the non-FSD Beta holiday update?