FSD Beta Max Speed on Autopilot - Possible to Revert to Old SW?

Jeda - Top Tesla Accessories

khorton

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm currently in the FSD Beta Queue, with a Safety Score that bounces around between 99 and 100 - 99 at the moment, so no FSD Beta yet.

I read that once FSD Beta is installed, the maximum speed on Autopilot is 80 mph. We'll be driving through MT in 10 days, and given that the posted speed limit will be 80, I'd hope to be able to use Autopilot at 85 mph. So, once I install the FSD Beta, is there a way to deselect the FSD Beta, to revert to the non-beta Autopilot, or would I be stuck at 80 mph?

Thanks,

• Love It!
Reactions: beachmiles

FRC

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm currently in the FSD Beta Queue, with a Safety Score that bounces around between 99 and 100 - 99 at the moment, so no FSD Beta yet.

I read that once FSD Beta is installed, the maximum speed on Autopilot is 80 mph. We'll be driving through MT in 10 days, and given that the posted speed limit will be 80, I'd hope to be able to use Autopilot at 85 mph. So, once I install the FSD Beta, is there a way to deselect the FSD Beta, to revert to the non-beta Autopilot, or would I be stuck at 80 mph?

Thanks,
I'd be surprised if you have beta by then.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the beta, once installed all profiles are limited to 80. No way to revert, no way to go faster or you get put in Autopilot jail!

khorton

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have the beta, once installed all profiles are limited to 80. No way to revert, no way to go faster or you get put in Autopilot jail!
Drat! Thanks for the info. I'll unpush the Beta Request button if it looks like there is a chance of getting it before our one-way trip from WA to WI, as I don't want to drive all the across Montana at 80 mph, or have to do it without using Autopilot.