• Total voters

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
"Aggressive turns"? My woman does not like the sharp steering adjustments of AutoPilot like when one lane becomes two. Left alone, the car decides which lane and makes a sharp steering onto that lane.

Is FSD doing a noticeable number of sharp steering inputs even without having to choose which lane to take?

If so, sounds like "calm steering" would be a good addition to FSD.

Bob Wilson

Last edited:
Reactions: beachmiles

SystemCrashed

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
I recorded my first drive yesterday around NE Minneapolis and tried to see how FSD Beta 10.2 would respond to some interesting obstacles.

Check it out 👇

Nice First Drive! , I wouldn't expect FSDbeta to do so well in construction zones, otherwise it looks like it is a major improvement from previous versions I've seen on YT. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: dburkland

SysConsultant

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I recorded my first drive yesterday around NE Minneapolis and tried to see how FSD Beta 10.2 would respond to some interesting obstacles.

Check it out 👇

Enjoyed your video. Thanks for posting.

One thing you missed when enabling FSD is that their is another switch you have to enable to get the full on-screen experience. Below where you enabled FSD Beta there is another software toggle switch labeled “Expanded Full Self-Driving Visualization”. If you turn that on you will get the new and improved and more expansive FSD visualizations. They are awesome.

SystemCrashed

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y

One thing you missed when enabling FSD is that their is another switch you have to enable to get the full on-screen experience. Below where you enabled FSD Beta there is another software toggle switch labeled “Expanded Full Self-Driving Visualization”. If you turn that on you will get the new and improved and more expansive FSD visualizations. They are awesome.
Jealous

Gatica

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Also have to hide the music/media screen to see the expanded FSD visualizations. It took me a little while to figure out why I wasn't getting the expanded visuals to show when in FSD even with the setting turned on.

• Helpful
Reactions: DocScott

SysConsultant

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Being a part of the first group of public beta testers and getting the new FSD visualizations.
See my posts earlier in this thread. I downloaded FSD Beta 10.2 last Sunday. The suggestion I made about enabling the enhanced visualizations came from my own personal experience.

By the way, we may drive some of the same roads. I live in Eden Prairie, MN. 🙂

Reactions: SystemCrashed

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Being a part of the first group of public beta testers and getting the new FSD visualizations.
I hope you're also jealous of us becoming testers with every drive. It's a responsibility.

Of course, I can always turn off FSD and go back to the regular autopilot. But I don't think I can go back to radar based autopilot.

Reactions: SystemCrashed

slacker775

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I hope you're also jealous of us becoming testers with every drive. It's a responsibility.

Of course, I can always turn off FSD and go back to the regular autopilot. But I don't think I can go back to radar based autopilot.
Is AP/FSD much different on the highway? Without FSD beta, I don’t use AP/FSD on surface roads but do use it on highways quite regularly. If that has gone downhill significantly, that would be really annoying though I suspect it’s largely the same at this point.

DocScott

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Check it out 👇

Thanks!

I'm just curious--your car seems to be hitting bumps every second or so at 30 mph. Are the roads just like that where you are?

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Is AP/FSD much different on the highway? Without FSD beta, I don’t use AP/FSD on surface roads but do use it on highways quite regularly. If that has gone downhill significantly, that would be really annoying though I suspect it’s largely the same at this point.
The difference is it's radarless, so top speed is limited to 80 MPH and following distance is 2-7.

I've also noticed that it's also more sensitive when people merge in, even if you're over another lane to the left.

But I wouldn't say it's gone downhill. But I am looking forward to single stack, especially with the behavior when merging onto the highway. NoA is TERRIBLE with that.

dburkland

Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Glad you enjoyed it! Yea I forgot to minimize the music bar, took me awhile to figure that out so in future videos the expanded visuals will be present.

Dan

RichEV

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country

Yes, I very much want to become a tester. Bring on the responsibility.

Jason F

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like it will be long wait. No further release till 10.3. So despite initial indication of it each day being released to the next lower score, looks like weeks in between releases.

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Looks like it will be long wait. No further release till 10.3. So despite initial indication of it each day being released to the next lower score, looks like weeks in between releases.
You'll be happier with it after we testers provide the FSD team with plenty of "whoopsies" to fix

littlD

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Pretty sure we’d be happier to be able to see the improvements ourselves. Just sayin 😉
I know, easy for me to say since I am a tester....

For some (likely you?), you'll be a great tester, understand every drive is a test opportunity (Drive to Test, Test while Driving) and realize you'll be doing this until FSD goes live.

Keep a 99 and look forward to you joining us!