FS:Free - 3D printed wall connector for Gen 1 UMC

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • Selling or promoting products is NOT permitted on TOO. Please contact us for advertising or sponsorship rates.
    No bumping of threads unless you're lowering a price, answering a question, or adding useful information. Please note that items for sale must be in the possession of the buyer unless prior approval is opbtained by the admin.
    ALL ADS MUST INCLUDE A PRICE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah.. I think that's the one that just needs to be scaled up. I asked a co-worker to print one out and he found that and printed it. Took out my J1772 adapter to test fit it at work. It was a no go. He then found the ones that were scaled up and it works pretty well now.

Now I just need to buy my own 3-d printer and no longer have to bug people at work for stuff.

CleanEV

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here’s the difference between the old version (left) and new one I managed to print at 108%. @96s46p has the correct link that I used

Correction - I used this link with bigger logo
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2468504

@garsh linked it correctly that I didn’t see. It’s that hisbhiw phenomenon

Attachments

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will also add a critique of this design... not sure if this is a copy of something tesla has put out there, or something someone designed from scratch, but the upper screw is all but useless with it pointing upward. for any strengh, it should be angled downward, so any gravity pull from the cord pulls down on the screw, toward the wall instead of pulling the screw out of the wall.

96s46p

Country
Country
The way it is designed the downward force wants to torque the bracket away from the wall so the angled screw has more surface area resisting that force. Plus you can actually screw it in. It isn't perfect but I haven't had any problems. It doesn't fit snugly around the charging handle but it doesn't fall out either. I don't like the big logo version though.

Status
Not open for further replies.