Frustrating Issue with App After Delivery

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
c3000c20-5fec-40b7-a8da-a76613291096-png.9657
I see that there is some chatter about this in the invite/delivery thread but I hadn’t picked up on it so I thought I’d start a new thread to make people aware. I took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday. Everything was fantastic, my phone connected, the car is amazing to drive, I was loving it. Last night we went out with some friends and I turned on the A/C from the app then when we got to the car I pulled out my phone and the app logged me out. When I tried to log back in I got the message in the picture.

Thankfully I had my key card with me so we were able to use it to get home. I tried to call the customer support number when we got home (about 9:30 PDT) but I was on hold 10+ minutes and decided to call back in the morning. I got through immediately this morning at 6:00 PDT and was told that this is normal and it should be fixed once some sort of documentation entry is done after 24-48 hours. As of now (5:00 PM PDT the day after delivery) it has not been fixed.

I really wish that the person doing he orientation would have mentioned this issue. I’ve found a couple of threads that mention it but I was not expecting it. It’s not the end of the world (and it’s good practice for using/having the keycard) but I can imagine a brand new owner not realizing that they really, really should have the keycard with them and getting stranded somewhere.

It may be taking longer than it would otherwise because I took delivery on a Saturday and no one is working to enter the data on Sunday. If so, why is this a manual process? And why does the “temporary” log-in expire so fast? They should give it the 24-48 hours that they expect it to take to get the permanent data entered.

Otherwise everything is wonderful with the car, I just can’t wait for this issue to be fixed!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Correct on all points. This was reported a lot in the first couple of months of deliveries, but maybe those threads and posts are rolling in to the history books. Not bad to have a thread so newbies can find it, but what you report seems to be correct. Phone app gets set up and works at delivery, then quits for a day or two before it picks back up. Really one of those small stupid things Tesla should fix. No real reason for it, whatever they do, I'm sure it could be circumvented with a couple of tweaks in one or two of their systems, whatever the disconnect it. Just also happens to be lesson number one to most, never leave home without that card in your wallet as well.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 9657 I see that there is some chatter about this in the invite/delivery thread but I hadn’t picked up on it so I thought I’d start a new thread to make people aware. I took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday. Everything was fantastic, my phone connected, the car is amazing to drive, I was loving it. Last night we went out with some friends and I turned on the A/C from the app then when we got to the car I pulled out my phone and the app logged me out. When I tried to log back in I got the message in the picture.

Thankfully I had my key card with me so we were able to use it to get home. I tried to call the customer support number when we got home (about 9:30 PDT) but I was on hold 10+ minutes and decided to call back in the morning. I got through immediately this morning at 6:00 PDT and was told that this is normal and it should be fixed once some sort of documentation entry is done after 24-48 hours. As of now (5:00 PM PDT the day after delivery) it has not been fixed.

I really wish that the person doing he orientation would have mentioned this issue. I’ve found a couple of threads that mention it but I was not expecting it. It’s not the end of the world (and it’s good practice for using/having the keycard) but I can imagine a brand new owner not realizing that they really, really should have the keycard with them and getting stranded somewhere.

It may be taking longer than it would otherwise because I took delivery on a Saturday and no one is working to enter the data on Sunday. If so, why is this a manual process? And why does the “temporary” log-in expire so fast? They should give it the 24-48 hours that they expect it to take to get the permanent data entered.

Otherwise everything is wonderful with the car, I just can’t wait for this issue to be fixed!
Actually, I find that strange. When mine was delivered in March, it immediately showed up in my relatives account and I used the app with his sign in. When they finally switched it to my MYTESLA account, it showed up immediately.
That is strange behavior from the app. I have not seen that issue. I have had the app say my phone was connected as a Key but not work. I have had to force close the app and restart it, but then it worked fine.
I am sure you have tried that but that would be what I would do. Maybe even uninstall and re download the app from the app store.
Of course it is the same sign in as your Tesla account. Does that show the car?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have had to force close the app and restart it, but then it worked fine.
I am sure you have tried that but that would be what I would do. Maybe even uninstall and re download the app from the app store.
Of course it is the same sign in as your Tesla account. Does that show the car?
Yes, I have force closed the app and deleted it from my phone and re-installed from the App Store. The MyTesla account through tesla.com still shows my reservation (i.e. the amount due, the steps needed to take delivery, etc.)

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes, I have force closed the app and deleted it from my phone and re-installed from the App Store. The MyTesla account through tesla.com still shows my reservation (i.e. the amount due, the steps needed to take delivery, etc.)
Well that is weird. Since it is Monday morning, I would say (If you are close and if you can) stop by (or call the delivery center). I would assume they are the ones that make this happen at delivery. Since others aren't reporting this, maybe they forgot to confirm whatever it is they do. I am sure you thought of that but that's all I got then

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
*Sigh* This keeps coming up time and time again. I don’t get why the DSes aren’t letting people know about this at delivery. Sure would prevent a lot of frustration and concern.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
*Sigh* This keeps coming up time and time again. I don’t get why the DSes aren’t letting people know about this at delivery. Sure would prevent a lot of frustration and concern.
Really? I haven heard of this before.

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
This only seems to happen to a few folks and not a normal thing.
My app has worked flawlessly since I got the car, I've only used the keycard to demo its use.
I wonder if all the folks who have had this issue have some commonality in processing - like having the same ISA?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just spoke to the delivery center. They said it was a "back office issue" that occurred this weekend that meant that they couldn't mark the cars as delivered. They are working on it today. He said he expected that they should get it resolved today. Sounds like some sort of IT access issue maybe? In the meantime, I continue to get good keycard practice in. :tearsofjoy: Although it's also a 110 degree heat advisory in AZ so it would be nice to have access to the remote AC start function!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well it would be nice then if it truly wasn't an ongoing thing and it doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well it would be nice then if it truly wasn't an ongoing thing and it doesn't happen on a regular basis.
Sounds like it was a fluke/weekend issue thing. I know of two people last week who took deliveries and neither party reported any issues with the car disappearing off the app, but they had deliveries scheduled for in the middle of the week. Also they had no problems with the account transfers so that problem seems to have been fixed as well.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Coming back to report that the issue is fixed! I was able to log in to the app around 4 (I was in a meeting from 2:45-4 and checked right before the meeting.) I am hopeful that it was just a fluke thing, but it is a good lesson for everyone to always have your keycard with you!

PTC Gator

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same thing happened to me with a Friday morning delivery (leading into a holiday weekend). I got the same response, "it's fairly common, should work again in 24-48hrs." I let 24 hrs go by, then called them again to express my annoyance and the CS rep on the phone was able to fix it since it had been 24 hrs from the delivery. She explained they couldn't adjust anything on the account for the first 24 hrs for some tech reason, but could fix it then. It has worked perfectly since then.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same thing happened to me with a Friday morning delivery (leading into a holiday weekend). I got the same response, "it's fairly common, should work again in 24-48hrs." I let 24 hrs go by, then called them again to express my annoyance and the CS rep on the phone was able to fix it since it had been 24 hrs from the delivery. She explained they couldn't adjust anything on the account for the first 24 hrs for some tech reason, but could fix it then. It has worked perfectly since then.
Yeah, I've waited 2 days since it kicked me out on delivery day (Wednesday), and still can't login in the App. I'm guessing I'm hosed with app until after the weekend (got a long road trip planned this weekend, was hoping to have it work before then).

I contacted support, and they told me that it takes 3-5 days. Just in case, he forwarded over an escalation to the digital department to get it taken care of - but he couldn't do anything himself.