Front Passenger Seat Controls

ajdelange

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
2018 M X100D: Of the three controls for the front passenger seat position only the horizontal lever actuates seat position motors. The vertical lever and button control do nothing. I can hear relays clicking in the control box but no motors run. I suspect a fuse or lose connector as I doubt at least two motors have burned out. Any ideas where to look for fuses or connectors? The connectors visible from the front of the control box all seem snug.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I doubt there are individual fuses for each action, it’s all or nothing. I’d suggest you make a service appointment through your Tesla app to have it looked at

ajdelange

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model X
I'm guessing that there are fuses for groups of motors because, as I noted, I can hear the relays click and a couple of the motors run but others don't.

I could entertain you all day with stories of my failed attempts to make a service appointment with the app. To begin with it will not accept my address as a valid address and thus does not give me the option for Ranger service. In fact it would not accept any reasonable address in Canada as a valid address so I had to put in an address in the States at which point it would let me make an appointment at the nearest SC which is in Montreal, 120 miles away. Well, OK I guess. The SC is on the same street where my wife's fathers factory used to be located and so we thought we'd take the trip down memory lane (or rather Rue Ferrier) and go in for the day. I got confirmations of the appointment and all that only to be followed a couple of hours by a notification that the time, date and location of my appointment had been changed to Tysons in Virginia where I bought the car. I then got into a
do
make new appointment for Montreal
receive confirmation
receive notice of change to Tysons
while (TRUE)

loop which I went around, from sheer perversity, 5 or 6 times.

It then occurred to me that while trying to type in a sensible address in Canada the app was suggesting some addresses some of which, though they don't actually exist, are on Descents close to mine. So I picked one of those and Voila!, I have a Ranger appointment on an existing Descente but at a non existent address. So I plan to go there and sit in the street on the appointed day at the appointed time and hope the Ranger shows up. I was hoping someone could point me to a fuse box or connector because if my thesis is right it will take me a lot less time to fix the problem than it took me to schedule the appointment which, if the stories I see are true, may not be kept by Tesla.