Front License Plate

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Debated with myself a long time whether or not to place front license plate. Kind of plain looking front end without yet the model 3’s I have seen with unembellished front plate did not look right either. I came to the conclusion that an appropriated license plate frame was needed. There a a slight curve to the front bumper so the stock TESLA Model 3 frame did not fit properly. I found this “4 hole wide bottom polished stainless steel” frame that fits perfectly. I used m4 1/2” stainless steel pan head screws and m5 stainless steel washers.

Attachments

Lady Sprite Blue

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Got at Bandit license plate holder. It sits up a bit higher than the Tesla plate and even better it's out in front of the body of the car.

img_7635-jpg.26455

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
What are you mounting these plates on. Are you drilling holes in the bumper? Or attaching these to the adhesive frame that Tesla provides?

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Alright, going to piggy back on this topic with a related topic...(4 month necro!!!!)

Now that there's a few front plate mounts that aren't the OEM one, and that are removable, what are people's opinions of them? I see The Bandit listed earlier in this thread, saw that Trev installed The Law recently... are there others people recommend?
Reason I'm asking is this is my next step, removing the front plate mount, (getting that area taken care of by my Opti-Coat Pro Plus guy) and getting something else to hold the plate.

Please list the one you got and why you like/dislike it.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Alright, going to piggy back on this topic with a related topic...(4 month necro!!!!)

Now that there's a few front plate mounts that aren't the OEM one, and that are removable, what are people's opinions of them? I see The Bandit listed earlier in this thread, saw that Trev installed The Law recently... are there others people recommend?
Reason I'm asking is this is my next step, removing the front plate mount, (getting that area taken care of by my Opti-Coat Pro Plus guy) and getting something else to hold the plate.

Please list the one you got and why you like/dislike it.
I don't have one at all and I like it because I don't have one at all.:rolleyes:

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Lady Sprite Blue Can you let me know how you like your front plate bracket? Pros/cons? Thank you in advance!
@TrevP Can you do the same? I saw your install video and know you just got it... can you provide maybe your thoughts on it to this point?

@Quicksilver which do you have?

Thank you kindly!

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Last edited:

Lady Sprite Blue

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Lady Sprite Blue Can you let me know how you like your front plate bracket? Pros/cons? Thank you in advance!
@TrevP Can you do the same? I saw your install video and know you just got it... can you provide maybe your thoughts on it to this point?

@Quicksilver which do you have?

Thank you kindly!
I bought the Bandit rig before I even got the car. Installed it on Day One. Very easy installation. Secure and hidden. The plate sits out from the front of the car by an inch or so. In 10 months of use, there are zero marks on the car even though the plate flexes slightly in the airstream. One of the reasons I chose the Bandit was that it sits at the top of the air intake and so the plate covers a portion of the front fascia and doesn’t block the air flow. I’m very satisfied. Look closely at the pic and you can see where the mounting is.
1571918608490-jpeg.30125

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I don't have a front plate and hope I'm not encouraged locally to have to install it, but if I do this is my choice - https://ottosteer.com/product/ottostick-tesla-model-3-magnetic-front-license-plate-holder-pre-order/

Really nice in that the plate is easily removable leaving the mount in place and not noticeable.

I've also seen one that screws in to the tow hook mount, but I thought it looked really bad not only having a front plate but having it off centered. It does save the paint however.