front license plate frame on ppf ?

Ole1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i plan on having xpel ultimate installed on my front bumper .... can i attach the adhesive backed license plate mount directly to the ppf film ?
if i choose to later remove the license plate frame, will it pull the ppf film off of the bumper ?

has anyone installed and/or removed the adhesive backed license plate mount to a ppf coated front bumper ?

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i plan on having xpel ultimate installed on my front bumper .... can i attach the adhesive backed license plate mount directly to the ppf film ?
if i choose to later remove the license plate frame, will it pull the ppf film off of the bumper ?

has anyone installed and/or removed the adhesive backed license plate mount to a ppf coated front bumper ?
Check with your installer. They should know if the adhesive would be removable with solvent after using fishing line to remove it. I installed mine directly on the PPF. Mandatory here and I don’t see any future need to take it off. If you do than possibly apply an additional small rectangular piece of PPF on top of your PPF and mount the frame on that. To remove the mount later use fishing line than peel of the small piece of PPF with adhesive residue on it.

I’m not pointing at the vendor but at the product:

https://www.rpmtesla.com/collection...r-front-license-plate-protection-only-19-w-20

beastmode13

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

The safest way to remove any 3M tape is use dental floss. Glide will work well.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Check with your installer. They should know if the adhesive would be removable with solvent after using fishing line to remove it. I installed mine directly on the PPF. Mandatory here and I don’t see any future need to take it off. If you do than possibly apply an additional small rectangular piece of PPF on top of your PPF and mount the frame on that. To remove the mount later use fishing line than peel of the small piece of PPF with adhesive residue on it.

I’m not pointing at the vendor but at the product:

https://www.rpmtesla.com/collection...r-front-license-plate-protection-only-19-w-20

I bought a one foot piece of Xpel Ultimate for $10.99 from Xpel.com. Much less expensive.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I bought a one foot piece of Xpel Ultimate for $10.99 from Xpel.com. Much less expensive.
Exactly! That’s why I mentioned I wasn’t pointing at the vendor. I bought a 6’ x 6” roll of 3M Ultimate as well on Amazon to do the rear lower door sills. Much more economical and great for small jobs

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have PPF but didn't ask my guy because I decided to install the Bandit plate from 1975creations. I factored it into the budget given the relative cost of the PPF and opticoating. Have you given any thought to installing a plate bracket that doesn't have to mount to the bumper?

Sealander

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I installed my plate over Xpel a month ago and it hasn't fallen off yet. I did call the installer and they said it was OK, but it may damage the PPF if removed.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Attachments