Front HVAC Compressor Inhibited Error?

Walker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received my Model 3 on 6/13 this month and it's been pretty good so far. VIN 256xx.

Had a strange behavior pop up the last couple days. After 2-3 minutes of driving with a hot car after being parked more than 30 minutes, the normally cool air coming out of the vents suddenly gets more humid and warmer. That lasts around 10 - 15 seconds, then it goes back to chilled air and seems to work reliably after that.

Called my "local" Tesla Service Center and asked them what was up. They checked remote logs (very cool feature) which showed a "Front Compressor Inhibited" error. Since they're coming out next Friday (in a week) to replace my glovebox due to the dreaded servo issue, they're going to do some diagnostics at the same time.

If there's any interest, I'll report on their findings.

One other forum post on a different site mentioned this happened shortly after another owner picked up their car and they needed to have the refrigerant recharged. Hopefully that's all that's needed on mine too!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Received my Model 3 on 6/13 this month and it's been pretty good so far. VIN 256xx.

Had a strange behavior pop up the last couple days. After 2-3 minutes of driving with a hot car after being parked more than 30 minutes, the normally cool air coming out of the vents suddenly gets more humid and warmer. That lasts around 10 - 15 seconds, then it goes back to chilled air and seems to work reliably after that.

Called my "local" Tesla Service Center and asked them what was up. They checked remote logs (very cool feature) which showed a "Front Compressor Inhibited" error. Since they're coming out next Friday (in a week) to replace my glovebox due to the dreaded servo issue, they're going to do some diagnostics at the same time.

If there's any interest, I'll report on their findings.

One other forum post on a different site mentioned this happened shortly after another owner picked up their car and they needed to have the refrigerant recharged. Hopefully that's all that's needed on mine too!
Yeah, let me know what you find out. My AC hasn’t worked since day 1. They are coming to pick it up on Monday. Vin 22xxx. Picked up early June.

Walker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, so the mobile service guy came out to take a look. He said the spec called for 660g of refrigerant in the AC loop and he could only find 590g...so ,he topped it off and we crossed our fingers.

The compressor fault happened 2x within 3 minutes that evening in the parking lot before heading home.

I have another service appointment next Friday and they're gong to keep the car for a day...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ok, so the mobile service guy came out to take a look. He said the spec called for 660g of refrigerant in the AC loop and he could only find 590g...so ,he topped it off and we crossed our fingers.

The compressor fault happened 2x within 3 minutes that evening in the parking lot before heading home.

I have another service appointment next Friday and they're gong to keep the car for a day...
Mine ended up being the high side pressure sensor. Works great so far.

Walker

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Car has been at the Tesla shop since Friday and they have determined that "there is a small leak in the A/C system that is coming from a small valve." Apparently they have the part in stock there and are replacing it. Hopefully that fixes everything.