Country
Country

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One of the first owners did something similar...
That is the pic where I saw the idea. Loved the look and forward it to RPM Tesla as a product suggestion. I was going to attempt this by using Plasti-dip but the masking alone would of been a nightmare. I'll gladly pay a little $ for pre-cut vinyl.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Nope, don't like it.
Says the guy with 2 Lambos! I'll gladly not install it for a 5 min ride in one of your cars! If you can't tell I'm just jealous but also very curious about 2 things. Do you just not like the way this looks, is it too cheesy? I thought it gave the front end a much more aggressive look and defined the lines better. But the 2nd thing is what I'm really interested in, which one do you prefer, the Aventador or Huracan? Personally I love the lines on the Aventador, it's one of my favorite Lambos in many years. I'm not the big of a fan of the Huracan, but then again I'll never own either so it doesn't really matter much.....LOL.

sledhead36

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Says the guy with 2 Lambos! I'll gladly not install it for a 5 min ride in one of your cars! If you can't tell I'm just jealous but also very curious about 2 things. Do you just not like the way this looks, is it too cheesy? I thought it gave the front end a much more aggressive look and defined the lines better. But the 2nd thing is what I'm really interested in, which one do you prefer, the Aventador or Huracan? Personally I love the lines on the Aventador, it's one of my favorite Lambos in many years. I'm not the big of a fan of the Huracan, but then again I'll never own either so it doesn't really matter much.....LOL.
I will give you a ride any time! Come on over. Heck you can drive them. I really like the clean look and some f these additions just mess that up, but to each his own. Some may love it, that's ok. Regarding the lambos, I love the look of the Aventador, but love driving the Huracan better. It is more agile, nimble and the top is electric. I have been caught one too many times in the rain, to install the tops on the Aventador. I also like the Model 3 for the same reasons. I love my Model S, but the 3 is more fun to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grashelm

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I will give you a ride any time! Come on over. Heck you can drive them. I really like the clean look and some f these additions just mess that up, but to each his own. Some may love it, that's ok. Regarding the lambos, I love the look of the Aventador, but love driving the Huracan better. It is more agile, nimble and the top is electric. I have been caught one too many times in the rain, to install the tops on the Aventador. I also like the Model 3 for the same reasons. I love my Model S, but the 3 is more fun to drive.
Is that an open invitation? I'm in St. Pete and would gladly make the drive to Naples for a ride in either one!!

Last edited by a moderator:

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The word “ersatz” seems appropriate.
Thanks for the input, I guess to each his own. I love the fact that cars are so easy and cheap to mod these days without any permanent effect. Simple enough to remove it if I get tired of the look or decide I don't like it after the fact. From the pic I just thought it brought out some lines on the car that I hadn't noticed before.

asb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3V Pilot: do you think if/when you remove it after a while, there might be a color difference between underneath the vinyl and the rest of the car(. Ecause if the sun), or a line?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
3V Pilot: do you think if/when you remove it after a while, there might be a color difference between underneath the vinyl and the rest of the car(. Ecause if the sun), or a line?
I don't think it will be a problem. The Vinyl will only last so long and since my car is white I doubt the paint will fade enough to notice, even in the AZ sun.