Free public charging!

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I've found a free L2 public charger right around the corner from a starbucks that I head to once a week when the cleaners show up for 3-4 hours. In that period of time, I'm just going to put 120-150 miles on the car weekly if needed FREE..

;-)

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've found a free L2 public charger right around the corner from a starbucks that I head to once a week when the cleaners show up for 3-4 hours. In that period of time, I'm just going to put 120-150 miles on the car weekly if needed FREE..

;-)
We deliberately go out to dinner once a week near there for the charging. So, it is working.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
On vacation and happen to be staying next to a great free charger in town... going to have enough juice in a few hours to let it sit for a few days (with active cooling in the sun) and easily make it back home. 30A/240V for 28mph charging rate.

20180713_120825_hdr-01-jpeg.11466

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
? Where red wheel caps please.
I made them just with vinyl stuck on and freehand cut around the edges. It's a little rough in spots, but don't notice from a few feet away.
Or for the easy way with clean edge lines, RPM Tesla sells precut pieces that I believe fit either wheel style.

Sumiguchi

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is there a website or app that shows free charging?
I use 5 apps on my phone (yeesh) ChargeHub, PlugShare, Flo, ChargePoint and SunCountry.

Anytime I use a charger on any of these apps, I make sure I add it to Google Maps (if it's not there already). Google has a Electric Vehicle Charging Station category and makes life easy - cause you can search for that in the car without having to pull out the phone. (EV Charging Station works in the car too).

Please - everyone - add these free (or paid) stations to google maps for the benefit of all of us!! It's also an opportunity to show off your car getting some juice :)

Checkout that sweet blue ride! LOL
https://goo.gl/maps/7xAFoCQdJC82
https://goo.gl/maps/qHZZ5hH7ain
https://goo.gl/maps/kJw2bkrfbyk

In my google reviews I like to point out if a membership is required (Flo, Charepoint) or not (SunCountry), if it's free or paid and of course what kind of a charging rate there is.

Corey

Country
Country
I just hit the free charging jackpot and it's been right under my nose. There's a big parking structure at the building next to mine and I discovered it has 4 plug in parking spots. They are not listed as public chargers so I could never see them on any of the apps. Since the management company owns my building and the structure, I'm good to use it as well as any visitors doing business in the buildings. I have a 40 mile round trip commute, so my daily charging expenses will be next to nothing.
20180731_113047-jpg.12454

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I guess I could get more excited about someone else paying for my charging if charging cost was actually more than slightly significant. Even an 80-mile daily round-trip commute is only around $2 in fuel cost. But if someone was willing to dump 3 or 4 gallons of gas in my tank every day at work I would be more interested! Mostly because it would mean I could stop wasting time visiting gas stations! LOL!

EValuatED

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I guess I could get more excited about someone else paying for my charging if charging cost was actually more than slightly significant. Even an 80-mile daily round-trip commute is only around $2 in fuel cost. But if someone was willing to dump 3 or 4 gallons of gas in my tank every day at work I would be more interested! Mostly because it would mean I could stop wasting time visiting gas stations! LOL!
I laugh at how much I like getting $0.75 to $1.50 free juice at work! :rolleyes: