Free Lifetime SuperCharging & Internet Connectivity on MVPA?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
So I’ve been thinking about this. I have a P3D+ configured and on order. Yes....still awaiting my VIN. Nevertheless my question is I have the “Free Lifetime SuperCharging” as well as “Free Lifetime Internet Connectivity” supposedly attached to the Config.
My question is that this is not reflected anywhere. I would assume it would be on the MVPA, but it is not. I seem to recall Model S’s of the past with FLSC reflected the Free SuperCharging on the MVPA. Has anyone that has these perks and that has taken delivery seen these either on the MVPA (initial or Final) or somewhere else? Of course I’d like to see and have these in writing, not just a gentlemen’s agreement or handshake/verbal.

They both are not reflected on my “Build Details” page in My Tesla nor the MVPA that shows build specs.

How is this addressed or reflected showing you have these attached to the vehicle?

Regards,
Ski

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If nothing else, Tesla announced publicly that all Performance cars with the performance upgrade package ordered before (whatever the date was) would include both of these features. That's a bit different from ordering an option, and Tesla comes back and says that you didn't select it when ordering. Every one of these cars will get it.

It's more like how your "Build Details" page doesn't say that your car comes with a battery. :)

Last edited:

Teslar

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
If nothing else, Tesla announced publicly that all Performance cars with the performance upgrade package ordered before (whatever the date was) would include both of these features. That's a bit different from ordering an option, and Tesla comes back and says that you didn't select it when ordering. Every one of these cars will get it.

It's more like how your "Build Details" page doesn't say that your car comes with a battery. :)
oh! no, I thought one only needed the performance model, not necessarily the performance upgrade package. can you please clarify

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
oh! no, I thought one only needed the performance model, not necessarily the performance upgrade package. can you please clarify
Sorry, I just wasn't very precise in my reply. I believe you are correct.

WhiteJagRip

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
You are correct, I have the P without performance upgrade package and I got supercharging.
Is this reflected on your "view vehicle details" page? I asked my ISA about the free supercharging for orders placed before August first and she looked into it and said it should show up on my account in about a week(called this Tuesday). it currently states "pay per use" supercharging on my vehicle details page.

systemBuilder

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So I’ve been thinking about this. I have a P3D+ configured and on order. Yes....still awaiting my VIN. Nevertheless my question is I have the “Free Lifetime SuperCharging” as well as “Free Lifetime Internet Connectivity” supposedly attached to the Config.
My question is that this is not reflected anywhere. I would assume it would be on the MVPA, but it is not. I seem to recall Model S’s of the past with FLSC reflected the Free SuperCharging on the MVPA. Has anyone that has these perks and that has taken delivery seen these either on the MVPA (initial or Final) or somewhere else? Of course I’d like to see and have these in writing, not just a gentlemen’s agreement or handshake/verbal.

They both are not reflected on my “Build Details” page in My Tesla nor the MVPA that shows build specs.

How is this addressed or reflected showing you have these attached to the vehicle?

Regards,
Ski
Actually nobody ever got a "free lifetime supercharging" agreement. The original deal (drafted for the Model S) was 5 years+ of free supercharging.

WhiteJagRip

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
  • Limits

Related vehicle order must be placed between May 19, 2017 and September 16, 2018. Owners who reach each level of referral orders after July 31, 2018 will be eligible for updated vehicle awards above. Related solar energy system order must be placed between September 28, 2017 and September 16, 2018. Referred vehicle orders must be delivered and solar energy system must be installed to qualify for awards. Used vehicles are not eligible. Model 3 orders are not eligible with the exception of Model 3 Performance. All Model 3 Performance orders placed before August 1, 2018 will be given unlimited Supercharging, no referral required. Solar Roof is not eligible for the extended limited warranty. Limit of 5 referrals per owner. Referral code must be applied at the time of order and cannot be added after the order has been placed. Free unlimited Supercharging will only apply to the original vehicle owner and only for the duration of original vehicle ownership. Referral codes may be shared and applied in any country where Model S, Model X, Model 3 Performance and Tesla solar energy systems are available, in accordance with local terms and conditions. Credits are valid for 12 months from the referral vehicle delivery date or solar installation date and can be used toward services, vehicle accessories, or new Tesla products. Credits can not be applied against solar lease or power purchase agreement payments.
I know this doesn't count as an agreement but it states P3D orders get free unlimited supercharging. However this isn't reflected in my account.

WhiteJagRip

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Ok after looking through my e-mail I found it. While the e-mail states I have free supercharging it isn't reflected on my Tesla account. I used a supercharger last week and wasn't charged so I guess I do have free supercharging even though my account states PayPerUse Supercharging?

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 4:15 PM
To:XXXXXXX@XXXXXXX.XXX
Subject: You now have free, unlimited Supercharging

Hi XXXXX,
We just added free, unlimited Supercharging to your Model 3 Performance.

In addition, you can also participate in the Tesla Referral Program and give unlimited Supercharging to five friends who purchase Model S, Model X or Model 3 Performance until September 16. From that point on, orders placed with a referral code will receive free Supercharging for one year instead of unlimited.
Share your referral code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
As a thank you, we’ll send you exclusive awards for your referrals—including a drivable Tesla Model S for Kids, a Signature Black Wall Connector, and an invitation to our next unveiling event. You can track your referrals through the Tesla App, or check out the full program details here.

Thank you for helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Tesla | All Rights Reserved | 3500 Deer Creek Rd. Palo Alto CA 94304