Former Vette Owner

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Vettepartz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Hello everybody. New guy here with my first post. I am not quite an owner yet, but do have a VIN. I ordered a Model Y performance that will be red with white interior. No FSD.

I will say my experience with the on-line order was not as easy as some owners have made it sound. My first problem was with listing my home address. I have lived here for 44 years and the Tesla people said my address was not valid. I finally entered it without a zip code and it worked. Next problem was with trying to make the final payment. The Tesla people said that they could not link to my bank, which is not a small one. Also they wanted my username and password. Every bank I have ever dealt with says to never ever give out your password, but Tesla wanted it. Tried to contact my advisor, but we all know how that works.

Enough complaining. I order on May 7, and I think my car is on its way. My account has dropped the estimated delivery date, so I hope that is a good sign. I noticed that this date changed every single time I logged into my account. I have had Corvettes for the last 34 consecutive years as my daily drivers, but old age and problems with a sciatic nerve in the back finally made me give in to something with higher seats. After all of those years with Corvettes, I naturally checked the performance block when ordering the Tesla. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: garsh

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hello everybody. New guy here with my first post. I am not quite an owner yet, but do have a VIN. I ordered a Model Y performance that will be red with white interior. No FSD.

I will say my experience with the on-line order was not as easy as some owners have made it sound. My first problem was with listing my home address. I have lived here for 44 years and the Tesla people said my address was not valid. I finally entered it without a zip code and it worked. Next problem was with trying to make the final payment. The Tesla people said that they could not link to my bank, which is not a small one. Also they wanted my username and password. Every bank I have ever dealt with says to never ever give out your password, but Tesla wanted it. Tried to contact my advisor, but we all know how that works.

Enough complaining. I order on May 7, and I think my car is on its way. My account has dropped the estimated delivery date, so I hope that is a good sign. I noticed that this date changed every single time I logged into my account. I have had Corvettes for the last 34 consecutive years as my daily drivers, but old age and problems with a sciatic nerve in the back finally made me give in to something with higher seats. After all of those years with Corvettes, I naturally checked the performance block when ordering the Tesla. Will keep you posted.

For the bank final payment I ran into the same issue (PNC Bank), but I ran into the same exact problem with PayPal too. Both Tesla and PayPal use Plaid to interconnect financial institutions with businesses. issue is that Plaid and PNC are having a legal dispute (which nobody made clear) which always errored out my authorization. Wound up doing it the old fashioned way and provided routing/account numbers.

Last edited:

FRC

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've never wanted ANYTHING badly enough to provide a password!!