Ford Sync 4

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
This was published a few months back, but I had not seen it in all of the other news about the Mach-e. Guessing that will be the first vehicle that gets it. Sounds like they are on par to likely at least catch up to Tesla's 3 year old platform. Some with consider it an advancement with Apple and Android integration as well as SiriusXM, personally I'm OK without that, but it is a preference for some.

I'm also not sure that doubling the hardware capabilities is saying much as these systems are typically very underpowered and slow from Ford. Will see how it fares. It is a step up from what they have at least.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
While Tesla’s infotainment speed is light years ahead of the competition, the interface is akin to what I had in my 2009 Dodge minivan. Lack of CarPlay and Android Auto is huge.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m referring to controlling your music through your phone. You can’t do anything. other then skip forward/backward/play/pause. No ability to see playlists, albums, or anything else. If you can do any of those I’d appreciate a screenshot showing where those abilities exist.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
OH!

My apologies! Yes, that particular aspect is quite lacking in a Tesla. Mea culpa.
yeah, I should be more clear with my gripes ;-)

But seriously, considering how ubiquitous smartphones have become in the past decade, you’d think they’d have some basic ability to control music beyond what you could do via a portable cd player from the 90s. Their phone app is amazing (and is even the recommended method to unlock and start the vehicle).

I know I’m getting up there in age, but don’t people still listen to music from their phone?

Mr. Spacely

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I’m referring to controlling your music through your phone. You can’t do anything. other then skip forward/backward/play/pause. No ability to see playlists, albums, or anything else. If you can do any of those I’d appreciate a screenshot showing where those abilities exist.
You can do all that with Spotify...

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I only stream audiobooks from my phone now over bluetooth, everything else is handled by either Spotify or my complete music collection on the SSD I have plugged into my Jeda USB hub. The lack of CarPlay doesn't factor with me honestly, but I understand why people like it, it's great in my wife's Golf.