Ford Mustang Mach-E

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So this guy brags about selling his old truck for super top dollar because the used and new car/truck market is soooo good - and new cars & trucks are soooo hard to get [for reasons]. then complains that he can't get Ford's most popular, limited-production new car now for super cheap?

Am I missing something?

Needsdecaf

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I will say this though: Mach-Es are available in inventory at dealerships right now.
And Model 3 trade-in prices are almost what I paid for the car.
I could trade for a mach-E, and nearly zero cost, collect the tax rebate...
And then when Tesla catches up/when Austin comes online, jump back to Tesla.

Who am I kidding? But financially, this is an unusual opportunity.

Not in TX they aren't. Tesla trade on a Model 3 sucks. $10,000 under what I was quoted from Vroom and Carvana. And even those, at 14 months and 30k miles, are $10,000 less than I paid for the car.

• Agree
Reactions: GDN

garsh

Dis Member
Moderator 📌
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla trade on a Model 3 sucks.
"Trading in to Tesla" will always get you a low-ball offer, because Tesla generally doesn't sell used cars.
But "Trade in to a Ford dealer" for a Mach-E will get you a better offer, because the dealer will always have a used-car center where they'll try to make money on a good trade-in.

• Agree
Reactions: Mike

Needsdecaf

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
"Trading in to Tesla" will always get you a low-ball offer, because Tesla generally doesn't sell used cars.
But "Trade in to a Ford dealer" for a Mach-E will get you a better offer, because the dealer will always have a used-car center where they'll try to make money on a good trade-in.

I traded two cars to Tesla, in Dec 2018 and March 2020. At those times, both offers were within the difference of sales tax credit (at 6.25%) from what I was getting from the third party services. I never tried to sell outright because one car was a lease and the other car had a lien. But it certainly wasn't $10k lower. But then again, different market. Tesla may have held onto their pricing model while the rest of the market has risen.

JasonF

Legendary Member 🏆
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

The maximum you will likely get is from Carmax (or something like it) since they usually turn around and put it right on the lot - so they have the lowest risk, and are willing to pay more. Tesla will pay the least, because it will always sell to to an auction house, and a Ford dealer might if they don't think they can sell it immediately, so they pay in the middle for medium risk.