Ford F-150 Lightning to be unveiled

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
One of the coolest things I've seen in a pickup is the side storage compartments on my brothers Ram truck. Surprised more truck manufacturers don't do that. He's also got a storage area under the rear seats. The bottom of the seats lift up really easy and you can stow whatever you want so that when you put the seat back down they're out of view. Outside the 12mpg and 0-60 in forever issues, it's a really solid truck.
It works great for storage, but you have to remember the trucks beginning and general use - hauling things in the bed - most people want the space inside the bed, rather than giving it up to storage. Under the seat is a good option.

Very few people know this, but the Ford Supercrew rear seats will fold down from the back. It's not meant to be done on a daily basis as the release is hidden. You've got to work hard to get to it the first time, but then you can add a pull strap. The seats very easily fold up for a flat floor, but then if you wanted a hidden long storage area you could fold down from the back and store things right next to the back of the cab.

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It works great for storage, but you have to remember the trucks beginning and general use - hauling things in the bed - most people want the space inside the bed, rather than giving it up to storage. Under the seat is a good option.

Very few people know this, but the Ford Supercrew rear seats will fold down from the back. It's not meant to be done on a daily basis as the release is hidden. You've got to work hard to get to it the first time, but then you can add a pull strap. The seats very easily fold up for a flat floor, but then if you wanted a hidden long storage area you could fold down from the back and store things right next to the back of the cab.

It’s actually very well engineered. The “ram box” (as I found it’s called) just converts the wasted space over the wheels. Between that or having the wheel wells protruding from the bed, seems the covered ram box would be the better option. The ram box actually has a drain hole too so that it could be used as a cooler. Though the mega, super, frunk the F150 has is even better.

• Informative
Reactions: GDN

shareef777

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Another thing I’m hoping Tesla finally provides is the powered frunk. Sad that it took 3rd parties and a legacy automaker to get their before Tesla.

• Agree
Reactions: JWardell and GDN

DanSz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Another thing I’m hoping Tesla finally provides is the powered frunk. Sad that it took 3rd parties and a legacy automaker to get their before Tesla.
*There

No Legacy automaker is there, yet. These vehicles are not available, but merely announced.

We don’t know what the CT is going to have on it. They didn’t even show us the hatch in the bed at the announcement (just a picture and that doesn’t count!).

I have to say the low lift-over design of the mega power frunk is very appealing and that unless Tesla has already redesigned the front end of CT for such a thing, it will be years before it gets such a feature.

Competition is good. Rivian will likely be first in August with a few hundred sold that quarter. It remains to be seen how this all works out. I have no doubt CT will do well.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If you know how to manufacture a truck, making it a EV is very easy. Making an electric vehicle simplifies everything. I believe it will be adopted in mass by the typical Ford truck enthusiast. I think it will happen just the same way the construction industry embraced tractors and other heavy duty equipment from Asian manufacturers. Nothing runs like a deer until you find something that runs a lot better and is cheaper and is reliable, And then you’re OK maybe there’s something to this.

There are still a lot of things I am not clear on on the cybertruck. Simple things like how much of it is stainless steel and how much of that is the SpaceX stainless. Will it only have a stainless steel battering ram and not a front crumples zone. I know there will be a lot of plastic like with every vehicle but how much other metals. I bought a real nice stainless steel gas grill that only had a few non-stainless components and once they rusted out you got to throw the whole thing out. Still not quite clear how an exoskeleton is repaired. I hope they don’t think it is so tough it will never need repairing.

Last edited: