Force mobile logout?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

ZaelFaroe

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So... Was thinking about what would happen if me or the fiance ever lost our phones. It would be trivial to delete the phone as a key, but even without the phone as a key the app can still be used nefariously by looking up location and probably some controls still. Is there anywhere somebody can go to force a sign out of a lost mobile device?

Seems like a security risk if not.

Babar Batla

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So, you are talking about the person who posses your phone can control your car from remote? How exactly will this person launch the app on be phone without bypassing phone security? Am I missing something?

If someone gets past my phone security, it’s game over. They have access to everything. If I lost my phone, I would get on someone else phone or the web do “Find my iPhone” and mark it lost. That’s it. Phone is useless, then.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So... Was thinking about what would happen if me or the fiance ever lost our phones. It would be trivial to delete the phone as a key, but even without the phone as a key the app can still be used nefariously by looking up location and probably some controls still. Is there anywhere somebody can go to force a sign out of a lost mobile device?

Seems like a security risk if not.
What type of phone do you have? If I ever lost my iPhone — impossible by the way as it’s alwaus in my hand ;) — I would remote wipe the phone and start over from iCloud on the next one!