For those who took delivery in Mt. Kisco, NY

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

FogNoggin

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've seen that Mt. Kisco has you pay and sign for your car at their showroom, but then shuttles you to a warehouse across town to get the car. Can anyone tell me where this delivery warehouse is?

See the 1:18 mark:

Tomorrow's going to be great weather here in New York so I may just take a drive there to have a look while I w a i t for my delivery day. Mt. Kisco is one of the busiest showrooms in the nation and it's the end of the first quarter. It should be mayhem in that town with shiny new Tesla's just streaming out of that warehouse.

Last edited:

gary in NY

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Going to the parking lot was not the highlight of my delivery experience (even though they drove me there in a red Model X). Either was the store. It’s understandable because they have no room at the store for deliveries. But the ownership experience is another matter. 🙂

Griff

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I took delivery of my 3LRD today at Mt Kisco. I can confirm that it was a mad house. I too had heard that they take you somewhere else to get your car, but they had someone bring it to the showroom parking lot. We waited for over an hour past our appointment time, but after that, it was a pleasant experience.

NightStorm

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yup, that is where I took delivery of mine last September. It was crazy, a near standing room only showroom but a nice ride in a Model X to that parking lot where I picked up my car.

FogNoggin

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So on Sunday 3/31/19 we took a drive to Mt. Kisco because we were bored. Being the last day of the quarter, it was little nuts at the showroom. There weren't even any cars on display in the showroom because they had sold them to help with the sales figures (I was told this by staff). The parking area is the worst. People were triple-parked every which way like a Manhattan parking lot. Most convenience stores have more customer parking than this place, though there was plenty of metered street parking which you should definitely use if you go there.

They no longer shuttle people to the warehouse as shown in the above video. Instead, they bring the cars to the showroom one at a time to coincide with delivery appointments. The advantage of this is that you get to inspect your car in daylight. However, I was there on a rainy day and, with the water beading so beautifully over the entire car, it's impossible to see any paint or glass imperfections. In general, it kind of sucks to accept your Tesla in the rain and have to get the heck out of the parking lot ASAP to allow other cars to move.

One funny aspect of their operation is over at the warehouse. The Teslas use these wide-open glass doors of a former wine distributor as the only entry/exit to the main warehouse area. Cars with no emissions can drive anywhere, I suppose. It looks like some sort of secret modern Batman lair as silent cars come tearing out of what looks like office space.

bat-cave-jpg.24219

Swoop

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
If it helps, our 12/2018 delivery was on time first thing in the morning. The Team brought our M3D to the store and it was perfect. After reading about the issues, I was prepared for the worst but pleasantly surprised. -S.

FurryOne

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had them truck mine to Rome for delivery at my house. My original order form stated home delivery, but when the order was posted to my account it stated pick-up at Mt. Kisco, a 4 hour drive away. Luckily I got Las Vegas to change it back to my home, and it was delivered on the same day as my appointment would have been. Of course it was cold, windy, and raining!