First tire rotation

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well I missed badly on the recommendation and had my tires rotated at 10,525 miles. Whoops! My rears have taken some serious wear.

They should still even out nicely over the next few thousand miles.

I found a great local independent shop and they did it for $15 and loved talking Tesla.

This wasn’t their first Model 3 and they even put down the window to avoid any issues with the chrome trim.

I think I may have sold a Mercedes owner on the Model 3 while he was waiting for his car as well!

b1896975-ddbe-47b9-961d-6951d0800fd5-jpeg.13115
8a0c8cd4-9dbc-4491-a08e-eae2b0e7126d-jpeg.13116

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well I missed badly on the recommendation and had my tires rotated at 10,525 miles. Whoops! My rears have taken some serious wear.

They should still even out nicely over the next few thousand miles.

I found a great local independent shop and they did it for $15 and loved talking Tesla.

This wasn’t their first Model 3 and they even put down the window to avoid any issues with the chrome trim.

I think I may have sold a Mercedes owner on the Model 3 while he was waiting for his car as well!

View attachment 13115 View attachment 13116
Very cool! So, dare I ask even though I should probably not be lazy and just look it up myself... what is the suggested mileage for first rotation? Or the increment, even?
I'm currently sitting somewhere between 4 and 5k.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Do you know what rotation pattern they used and if it is the correct one?
There is not necessarily a required pattern as it’s more based on the wear pattern of the tires and of course if they are directional and the same sizes.

In this case my tires are wearing evenly just more in the rear than fronts so they moved the rears up on each side.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is not necessarily a required pattern as it’s more based on the wear pattern of the tires and of course if they are directional and the same sizes.

In this case my tires are wearing evenly just more in the rear than fronts so they moved the rears up on each side.
Thanks! That’s what I was doing with my previous car when switching between tires.

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tire rotation should be every 10 km for the "acoustic" 18 inch Michelin factory tires. It's manufacturer recommended, I asked Michelin about them. :) The 18 inch tires are not directional (although there IS an OUTSIDE and INSIDE). The rotation pattern the Service Centers are using seems to be a criss cross, backs directly forward and fronts crossed over to the rear positions. That's what I've done too. I'm getting close to having to rotate them a 3rd time. :eek: Perfectly even wear, still nice and quiet, but I fear I may put on winter tires before I rotate again. Morning temps are dipping into the 40s now, I turned on the seat heater the other morning. :rolleyes:

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wait, so there is no alert msg from the car itself suggesting to do a tire rotation when the miles add up?
That’s correct. The car has no service interval reminder that I’m aware of whether it’s tires, inspection, or otherwise.

JDM3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're rapidly approaching 12,000km. I guess it's about time to do the swap. I'm thinking of doing it myself. Saw that post about to make your own jack pads with hockey pucks (clever). Is there anything else that needs to be done for this "check up"?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just rotated mine. Got my car on April 6th and had ~10,500 miles on it. I did it at Tesla and they said the tires in the back were wearing a little faster but that I came in at the right time. He said it’s more about style than it is about mileage. My car feels much more grippy again.