First thread here!! Everyone still happy with their purchase?

mswlogo

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Would I have done something differently? Absolutely. I would have stood in line and ordered hours earlier so I could have received my 3 a few months sooner. Hands down the best car I've ever owned or driven, and also the best gadget--which is saying a lot.
I want more performance and a hatchback, but that is what the model Y will bring. Perfect compliment to the sporty RWD sedan.
With many of the small changes they did in the first year. I’m so glad I didn’t get it any sooner or miss out on AWD or Performance (Stealth). Also another plus for waiting longer you’d get a lot of further fixes they have done since I got mine in October. A big one today being you’d get HW3 if you got latest production. Yeah we’ll eventually get it, but who knows how long that will take to execute. Probably take a year to switch everyone over. And that assumes everything goes smooth.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I only regret that Tesla did not honor their "after delivery" increased price of $4000 for FSD when I purchased EAP without it last July. This month they want to charge $6000. The same price for any new customer getting Autopilot as standard without the features EAP provides. I want my promised price. Except for the politics of marketing I love Tesla and their products. Have lived off-grid solar for 8 years now. Due to their FSD repricing I am also no longer considering the Power Wall. Big bummer.

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just switched back to summer tires and had forgotten how "mushy" winter tires can be. Feels like a new car. Max is, IMO, the very best purchase I've ever made, not just the very best car purchase but probably the best purchase ever. Totally impressed. Over 36k miles on it, have had it for almost 1.5 years and watched Max develop (via software updates) from really really really bare bones EV transportation to what it is today. It's my main car, I drive it everywhere and have taken several cross country trips with it too. Before you ask, yes, I'm very tolerant of "teething pains" and I'm willing to cut Tesla a LOT of slack. Why? They're trying to find their way and I'm ok with them trying stuff and deciding it's a bad move and changing their mind, even if it hurts a little to know I could've gotten something cheaper if I'd waited. C'est la vie. I want Tesla to succeed. I've driven almost every EV out there (except an iPace) and there's simply nothing else like Max out there. Not even close.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
My in-laws have a car dealership and I see them five or six times a year. They always enthusiastically ask me, not how I like it, but how "it's doing" as if they expect it to break or wear out or have other issues. They tell me they keep seeing new articles about Musk or Tesla, almost every day, and I can tell they are not positive articles. I tell them it's better than new with some of the recent updates and still hasn't needed any service or repairs and it drives like a dream. The disappointment/confusion on their faces is actually detectable, I think they are pretty sure this happy ownership experience can't continue much longer. :rolleyes:

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Love my car so just wish I was a bit more patient and waited for the Performance, I working through trying to trade in my LR RWD for a P
We have one of each and it's a very rare situation that the extra thrust of the Stealth P3D is of any benefit over the LR RWD (other than impressing people with its ability to bend time/space). As long as you have money to burn you will be glad you upgraded to P3D. If it cuts into your ability to do other priorities, like vacation, etc, not so much. Because they are both plenty fast and easy cars to love. I love them equally due to the 10% higher efficiency/longer range of the RWD. Not that we need the extra range, the extra efficiency just makes the car that much more impressive.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We have one of each and it's a very rare situation that the extra thrust of the Stealth P3D is of any benefit over the LR RWD (other than impressing people with its ability to bend time/space). As long as you have money to burn you will be glad you upgraded to P3D. If it cuts into your ability to do other priorities, like vacation, etc, not so much. Because they are both plenty fast and easy cars to love. I love them equally due to the 10% higher efficiency/longer range of the RWD. Not that we need the extra range, the extra efficiency just makes the car that much more impressive.
Thank you for that, Great perspective that few have.

Last edited:

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What would you have done differently?

I would have waited for the SR knowing it was basically the same car. And no physical distinguishable difference than my LR RWD.
Happy? Yes.
Done differently? Nothing.
SR is basically the same car, no physical distinguishable difference than your LR RWD? Wait, what? You mean: Other than the battery, which goes (a lot) further on a charge, charges faster at superchargers and at home, and a bunch of other stuff that Tesla is about to take away compared to the SR+?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still happy - absolutely.
Would I have done things differently? Yes. We decided to buy a LR DM 3 for the range when and family use when we still had a gas chugging Lexus SUV. Three months after buying the 3, we traded the SUV for a used S. If I would have known this was the route we would take (and the wife would force) I would have gotten an S with more range and bought the SR+ 3. She drives 2x more miles a day than I do, and we end up charging her car daily and mine weekly, maybe 2x a week if I drive more than my usual 200 miles worth of commuting.