Question First Road Trip, Don't Understand Navigation Output, Can't Drive Tesla?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You've got a charger pretty much perfect on your trip if you'll take the North end (635) around Dallas, it's about 3 miles South on 75 at Walnut Hill and 75. It is an Urban charger. You can drop down 3 miles to the charger and back to 635, or just head on down 75 to downtown and then back East. Figure you'd charge on your way home vs on your way to the airport. Either way will work depending on your timing.

In an AWD with a 232 mile trip in the summer - I'd say keep it to 75 max and you won't have a problem. In the winter if you drive 75 I would agree you won't make it round trip, but no need to worry with the Walnut Hill charger. I think it is listed as The Hill. There is a good coffee shop and dining spots there.
I’ve used that charger several times. 75kw doesn’t sound sexy but it’s still plenty fast. And plenty to eat / drink there.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Note: just dropped a pin in the middle of Tyler. Also, forecast 87 Saturday and 91 Sunday...so I averaged and went 89... theres a chance of rain so I picked raining. Wind forecasted 10-20mph...I went low with 10mph. Have you leaving at 90% charge, keeping it 77mph or under and having it not let you arrive anywhere under 15% ... added 100 pounds of weight for no reason and since your car is relatively new I did 1% battery degradation .....looks like a short stop at Arlington makes this a cake walk :)
View attachment 27576 View attachment 27577

Edit: also the wh/mile are high at 263 if you ask me...just another buffer in the calculations I use.
Wh/mile are pretty accurate for that region. Plenty of higher speed limit roads makes it hard to keep speed and consumption down.