First Model 3 Rental

FunkyJunk

Country
Country
Both cars listed as unavailable; one not until Oct 31, the other until Dec 31. I suspect neither person has actually taken delivery of their vehicle yet, and are instead just trying to line up rentals ahead of time.

edit: especially since the photos in those ads almost definitely don't represent the owner's cars. One has white interior, the other is a known photo from the employee release party.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Both cars listed as unavailable; one not until Oct 31, the other until Dec 31. I suspect neither person has actually taken delivery of their vehicle yet, and are instead just trying to line up rentals ahead of time.
I tried to do that months ago, but Turo would not allow it if you did not own the car, have it registered in your name and provide a VIN. I asked if there was a workaround for this odd situation and they said no. Maybe these guys made up VINs and registrations? They do look like stock photos and shots of someone's random car.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
wow, good for them if they manage to rent their car at those ridiculous rates! 200 miles per day max for almost 400 bucks/day. That's pretty good money! Also a minimum of 2 days, so he's getting at least 800 bucks each time someone rents it. I also noticed that it's not available until Oct 31. Couldn't tell if that's because the car has already been rented until then?

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
wow, good for them if they manage to rent their car at those ridiculous rates! 200 miles per day max for almost 400 bucks/day. That's pretty good money! Also a minimum of 2 days, so he's getting at least 800 bucks each time someone rents it. I also noticed that it's not available until Oct 31. Couldn't tell if that's because the car has already been rented until then?
Based on the photos being stock photos, and not photos of their cars, and the fact that they are not immediately available for rental, I suspect they are trying to list cars that they do not own yet. From what I can tell, this is against Turo's requirements:

"Which cars do you accept?
Only passenger cars legally registered in the United States (except New York)..." (emphasis added)

https://support.turo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203991940-Which-cars-do-you-accept-

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Note that it says "vehicle has been disabled by the owner". No idea what that means but it's in red...can't be good.
Yeah, to be perfectly honest, I'm a bit skeptical of the listing, just as I am skeptical of the for-sale ads.

Derik

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seems like there are more rentals now on Turo.
I'm tempted to rent one to get a test drive. But it is difficult to part with $225+ for a days rental especially when there are multiple model s on there for $160-$200 a day. (Heck a P100D with ludicrous shows up in my area for $259)
Really I'd be good with around the block / some highway speeds. Or maybe an hour or two. (I would really love to drive my normal commute in it.. but then I'd have to rent it for 2 days.....)
For the time being I guess I'll have to wait and see when Tesla starts offering test drives (unless I get my car first)