First Model 3 impressions from Tom (TalkingTesla)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Tom from Talking Tesla just picked up his fully loaded Model 3 and reviews first impressions with his buddy Mel...

This is actually kind of funny at times. Chuckled in particular on the moment Tom comments on Mel’s ‘Mickey Mouse’ charging station... ;)

All in all, feels like what a lot of people new to T≡SLA could experience amongst early deliveries. Underpins why prioritizing more forgiving current owners, specifically In California, was a good move.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Watched last night...
the connectors behind the tow hook cover (around 6min) is not to recharge the 12v or jump the battery, but to pop the frunk when the 12v is dead (to gain access to the 12v when it is dead).
Re the creep conversation (around 14min) and stopping on a hill, you just need to tap the brake a second time after stopping to set the hold. You don’t need to activate it on the screen.

So kinda goes to show, someone who has never driven a car made by tesla knows more of what is going on than “seasoned” owners, who between the two of these guys combined have three Tesla’s (five including the 3s)... so not sure the “existing owners understand the car better and are more forgiving” argument really stands

Last edited:

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
(...)
So kinda goes to show, someone who has never driven a car made by tesla knows more of what is going on than “seasoned” owners, who between the two of these guys combined have three Tesla’s (five including the 3s)... so not sure the “existing owners understand the car better and are more forgiving” argument really stands
You’re right, Melinda, this is something that I felt about it strange about particularly during the 2nd part of the video.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
So I don't own a Tesla....yet. However I felt that the explanation in the video about the windshield wipers actuation being overcomplicated was......well over complicated. I swear I saw a video that showed that upon pressing the left stalk to do a single swipe of the wipers, it brings up the wiper menu on the screen making a longer activation easier. Is this not the case?

Dan Detweiler

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
So I don't own a Tesla....yet. However I felt that the explanation in the video about the windshield wipers actuation being overcomplicated was......well over complicated. I swear I saw a video that showed that upon pressing the left stalk to do a single swipe of the wipers, it brings up the wiper menu on the screen making a longer activation easier. Is this not the case?
No, you are correct. It is a much simpler process than they spelled out.

Dan