First Dual Motor/AWD VIN spotted in the wild!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

TaylorSMarks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Well, not "every time" - at least not every post. The last post with the highest vin was #553 - vin 8225. I think that is the highest vin. I didn't look back a lot of pages to check for higher. It will be interesting to see how many more posts until the next highest vin.
Actually, the post immediately before yours is a new record, complete with a picture of the VIN plate.

Ryan McCaffrey of Ride the Lightning caught a picture of a prototype's VIN, #8370.
Mod Edit: See post #8370 above

Disappointing at how small of an increase that is over the prior record, though, given it's been 3 weeks now since we saw 8230... surely a 9000 or 10000 VIN should have been spotted by now? I feel like Tesla must have shut down production for several weeks in February...

Last edited by a moderator:

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I think this confirms my suspicions regarding using the lull in production to retool for AWD option. Apparently, white interior is also being introduced into the production line also.

I suspect VERY shortly, First Production will include option of white or black interior. I also suspect that Dual Motor configurator will open to Employees/Insiders if it hasn’t opened already.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country