Country
Country
Last edited:

Stacks

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
And still zero information on pricing and specs. I understand they don’t want to canabalize first production sales, but it’d be nice for people to make informed decisions.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And still zero information on pricing and specs. I understand they don’t want to canabalize first production sales, but it’d be nice for people to make informed decisions.
Based on prices for S my guess is $ 4000 for AWD plus $ 2000 for SAS.
And I dearly hope for Towing Hitch (I keep saying this!) as an option to cars with AWD + SAS, at $ 1000.

jman

I am hoping the dual motor won't be tied to SAS meaning in order to get the dual motor you will also have to order the SAS...it would make economic sense the other way..to get SAS you NEED to order dual motor to have better margins...Hopefully get the dual motor by early May..do I hear early April.....?? pppplllleeeaaaasssseeeee....

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Based on prices for S my guess is $ 4000 for AWD plus $ 2000 for SAS.
And I dearly hope for Towing Hitch (I keep saying this!) as an option to cars with AWD + SAS, at $ 1000.
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Edited: LOLOLOLOL! @Bokonon , had not seen your post when I posted my response to @MichelT3 !! :p

We do share that same crazy sense of humor in addition our Muse fandom! ;)

Last edited:

chojn1

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My dream car is getting closer to reality:

Multi coat red with matching red caliper, AWD, P, with SAS. No need for auto pilot or self driving. I am going to enjoy this drive.
Oh, and a hitch for my bike please.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Why do you think my guess to be overly optimistic?
Mostly I meant it as a joke re your eagerness to the unlikely tow hitch - similar to my HUD obsession! :D

I also feel like $4k as premium for AWD is too low though I like the looks of it. ;)

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mostly I meant it as a joke re your eagerness to the unlikely tow hitch - similar to my HUD obsession! :D

I also feel like $4k as premium for AWD is too low though I like the looks of it. ;)
I keep posting my desire for towing hitch, in the hope that it might influence Tesla.

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree with this, if the P+AWD trim is coming sooner rather than later, I would skip EAP to make it happen. But I'm sure Tesla would rather not have me do that, since EAP and FSD money goes right into the R&D fund. I'd guess that's part of the reason they are holding back on the pricing.

MichelT3

Love those Aero's!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla never informs beforehand.
Because that would always have a negative effect on sales. Whatever the decision, there are always people who like or dislike it. Informing beforehand will shy away part of their customers.
I for one would be horrified if P would be included with AWD.
Which I don't believe that one minute. P is ridiculously expensive. AWD is useful and worth its price. I'll never want P. (If I assume former S prices are comparable.)

jman

Michael Russo....I think the HUD will come out with the new refreshed interior of the Model S, those additions will surely keep the interest in Model S !!!!! Who knows people may decide to get a low cost MS instead of maxed out 3....

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

teslaliving

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I just keep worrying they'll bundle a bunch of other things (P, SAS) with the AWD. I don't want/need the others (I'll take them if they're free but I suspect if they bundle its going to be a pricy package).

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I just keep worrying they'll bundle a bunch of other things (P, SAS) with the AWD. I don't want/need the others (I'll take them if they're free but I suspect if they bundle its going tIo be a pricy package).
I agree but suspect that initial AWD will come in an expensive bundle as that's how previous cars were always released. Plus, tow and P will almost definitely be bundled with SAS due to handling and ground clearance needs.

After several months of AWD/SAS/P, I am hopeful they will release a standalone AWD option for those that don't want P or SAS.