First avlb (RWD) VIN & delivery thread

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone that ordered on 2/28 actually received a VIN # or a call from Tesla yet? I know I'm being impatient, but I keep clicking refresh and it's still not showing a VIN! :p

EDIT: also anyone that ordered the week before?

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Has anyone that ordered on 2/28 actually received a VIN # or a call from Tesla yet? I know I'm being impatient, but I keep clicking refresh and it's still not showing a VIN! :p

It looks like we are getting the first VINs assigned to the Non-owner-Feb-22nd folks in the past couple days. The cars seem to be going to WA and East Coast (PA, NC, MS). Yes, this west-coaster thinks Mississippi is on the East Coast. :p It is on the way to NC though...

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It looks like we are getting the first VINs assigned to the Non-owner-Feb-22nd folks in the past couple days. The cars seem to be going to WA and East Coast (PA, NC, MS). Yes, this west-coaster thinks Mississippi is on the East Coast. :p It is on the way to NC though...
Thanks so much for the heads up! I can't see the spreadsheet from work, so I probably ask a lot of obvious questions :p

RunCycle

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks so much for the heads up! I can't see the spreadsheet from work, so I probably ask a lot of obvious questions :p
No worries. It is good to have it here too, so that we don't all have to trudge through the data.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Ordered 2/5, still waiting for VIN, think a couple others here ordered around same time and also waiting.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country

It’s March 5.... Coooool, my San Diego friend... remember you’re already ahead of the pack!! :D

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s March 6.... Coooool, my San Diego friend... remember you’re already ahead of the pack!! :D
LoL. I know. Before I was refreshing all the time hoping for my invite, now I'm refreshing all the time waiting for my VIN.... it won't end until the car is in my posession. :D When I take delivery, I'll be constantly waiting to see when the next software update gets pushed to the car. :p

anech

Country
Country

I configured on 02/08 and still no VIN. Called Tesla, they said I should get a VIN assigned this week.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got call from Tesla today, (Nevada number). Was told car is being prepped to be put on the train and will receive another call in a few days for delivery date. He said most likely 2 weeks out.
Man, 2 weeks to deliver to Boston. I hope it doesn't take that long to ship to San Diego! :p I'm tempted to tell them my delivery location will be Fremont if that'll get it to me faster. :)

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Me too, then there was that week of no VINs to anyone, and now today 1 VIN in the spreadsheet, lets hope its not another no VIN week.
One new VIN this week and apparently no invitations since March 1. (I configured 2/15, white with 19 inch wheels in SoCal.) It doesn't inspire confidence that they are churning these out.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
One new VIN this week and apparently no invitations since March 1. (I configured 2/15, white with 19 inch wheels in SoCal.) It doesn't inspire confidence that they are churning these out.
Invites have mostly been Wednesdays & Thursdays, so another day or two will tell what is up for this week,

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely not churning them out but they sure do keep sending invites. I happy for everyone but the days of getting you are in 21 days are over. I’m thinking 6 weeks is even hard for them to hit. I’m only at 3 weeks, next 3-4 gonna be hard.

Joaquin

Country
Country
Hi everyone!

I wanted to open a different thread to discuss the invite/delivery status for those who are NOT receiving an update, or just want to discuss issues related with this, like why San Diegans are blessed with early invitations and similar stuff (I'm watching you, SD!)

The idea is to keep the official status thread only with "data points" (people who actually received an invitation/vin number/delivery). Hopefully that will make life easier for Michael Russo and the moderation team members that try to keep that thread as clean as possible.

Tomorrow is Wednesday again, so probably a new batch of invitations will arrive. Let's try to keep the parallel discussion about it, and all those "I did not receive mine" here!

skygraff

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will say, I find it very interesting that some people are getting e-mail invitations while the rest of us are having to refresh our My Tesla pages. Similarly, once ordered, some (same people) are quickly contacted by an ISA even if they're only told it'll still be 3-6 weeks.

I know some can be attributed to squeaky wheels but others seem unsolicited.

Is that what you were getting at with this thread?