Tesla Owners Online Forum banner

Have you installed this version?

Firmware Build v9.0 2019.8.5 3aaa23d (04/04/2019)

43K views 266 replies 109 participants last post by  turnem 
#1 ·
A few installs have hit TeslaFi. Interestingly on Model 3 came from 2019.7.11 77ce4d4 (which I think was the v3 Supercharger software). This is a complete guess, but I don't think the NoA update will be in this release. Any release notes (doubtful again).

[MOD NOTE]
Please only reply with actual information about this build.
Do not say that you installed it - take part in the poll above instead.

#2 ·
A few installs have hit TeslaFi. Interestingly on Model 3 came from 2019.7.11 77ce4d4 (which I think was the v3 Supercharger software). This is a complete guess, but I don't think the NoA update will be in this release. Any release notes (doubtful again).
Tesla announced yesterday via blog a new feature available to the fleet of cars with EAP (previously only available via a beta). You mention it in your post. A new release of SW starts rolling out within 24 hours of that announcement. A car with 7.11 is one of the first to update. I think this all makes perfect sense this would be the release to not only include the advanced NOA, but likely the fast Supercharging and maybe a few other things as well.

Why would you suspect none of this is in this release? I think it is just the opposite.

#6 ·
I did overlook it was a point release, but one can hope. The SW is way strung out right now with the different features they were testing. They really need a unified release and then they need to get the beta testers lined up well and get their testing lined up with them vs the general public. Maybe they open the beta program to those that want to be in, could get in as well. They've got too many cars on the road now to have 10 releases rolling around. I could see 3 or 4 groups of beta's with a few thousand cars in each one. Then a good unified release every 45 to 60 days. They can't continue the history of releases from the past 3 months.

#7 ·
I did overlook it was a point release, but one can hope.
I would think it could come in a point release since it is already there, just not active. But since Elon tweeted that it also included an update to the NN, I think it will be post 2019.9 but maybe not.

Maybe they open the beta program to those that want to be in, could get in as well.
They first have to get the FSD early adopters they promised it to in.

#11 · (Edited)
Moved from 2019.5.15 to 2019.8.4 just earlier this week, skipping 2019.8.3 altogether - so I believed that 8.5 was probably just a fix to harmonize the few differences between 8.3 and 8.4

Release notes for 8.5 do say that the this update contains NoA without confirmation ( which wasn't there on 8.4 previously)

This post has been deleted
#29 ·
So it looks like my comment earlier was correct about this being included even though it is a point release. Now I want to go on record and see if we can get the massive roll out to begin about 6 PM Central. We've seen that in the past with a few releases. This one has just trickled today, so now it needs to be release.

#35 ·
Looks like the auto lane change is the biggest update. Will be interesting to test in the morning.

#36 ·
Just got this update. Very excited to try this out. On my 100mile drive today noa hesitated one time to make the lane change and brought me back to my lane. Hoping with the NN change noa will be much smoother

#39 ·
I've been away from my car for about 1 1/2 weeks. During that time:
1) I was notified of an update, then it went away (I suspect that was 8.3)
2) I was notified of another update, but opted not to update since I was away from my car (I suspect that was 8.4)
3) I was notified this afternoon of yet another update (superceding the one above, which had still been there), and decided to go for it. This was indeed 8.5

I'm still away from my car, but based on following the various threads, I'm thinking I've received:
a) 5% Peak Power increase (originally from 8.3)
b) Autosteer Stoplight warning (originally from 8.3)
c) NoA Lane change without confirmation (new to 8.5)

I guess I'm still waiting for:
i) v3 supercharging (including enroute heating of battery)
ii) enhanced autosummon (which I think is still in limited distribution)

I have a LR RWD with AP/FSD that was on 2019.5.15 prior to this upgrade, so I already had the range increase from 310 to 325 (how much of that is real, still tbd)

#42 ·
Got update 8.3 to 8.5 not enabling auto.lane change .. my car wants to change all the time ffor instance out.of passing lane immediately even when there are slower traffic in other lane that you are obviously coming up on quickly and also when a few.seconds before it was telling me to change lanes the other way to continue route and take exit. Also doesn't know about open tolling and easy pass and always tries to go in gated toll.booth lanes. In my opinion needs a lot of work before I would trust it to change automatically.

#43 · (Edited)
Are you basing this off of your NoA experience of builds prior to 8.5? They may have improved those things in this build.

#44 · (Edited)
yes i am... i also notice there is a setting for how aggressive.. i have it on average. could try mild.. will hold further judgement till i hear how other people review it.. but i seriously doubt it has changed much.. that behavior has not changed forever for me. I probably ignore about 80% of the lane change suggestions i get.

Haven't taken it for a spin yet.. night time here and hot tub beckons.. But could be wrong but think they finally improved/restored audio.. Immersive Settings seem to have an effect again and bass finally seems louder again. No new games for me in Atari. Hopefully (fingers crossed ... 8.3 was definitely one of the more buggy f/ws at least for me) they fixed the annoying too far left in lane at times, microphone not working, unintended braking at times, and failure of the regenerative braking limited nag to disappear after startup,

Another issue at least in prior f/ws for me is that when their are more than 3 lanes it also interprets the other lanes as passing lanes and tries to get you out of the 2nd from the left for instance by saying "exit passing lane" as well. I have reported this as a bug... will see if it is fixed in this release otherwise again it is going to be annoying. It would really be nice if they added more logic for the "exit passing lane warning" based on whether you were coming up on traffic going slower in the right lane or not, and also whether someone was coming up fast behind you or on your ass. Kind of the way a real drive would use information before getting out of passing lane!

#97 ·
I've spent the last couple of days without WiFi for my car. :(

Another issue at least in prior f/ws for me is that when their are more than 3 lanes it also interprets the other lanes as passing lanes and tries to get you out of the 2nd from the left for instance by saying "exit passing lane" as well. I have reported this as a bug... will see if it is fixed in this release otherwise again it is going to be annoying. It would really be nice if they added more logic for the "exit passing lane warning" based on whether you were coming up on traffic going slower in the right lane or not, and also whether someone was coming up fast behind you or on your ass. Kind of the way a real drive would use information before getting out of passing lane!
I've noticed that the prompts to leave the second from the left lane (of three or more lanes) in my experience is due to the far left lane being an HOV lane and therefore the middle of the three lanes would be viewed as the passing lane. This logic fails when the HOV lane is time-based (as many are).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.