Firmware Build v9.0 2019.8.5 3aaa23d (04/04/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed this version?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looking forward to getting off this build as well. Yesterday there was an odd audio bug that caused a ping ponging tick,tick,tick... on just the rear speakers. Alternating left / right. Each tick sounded like a rain drop on a tent. Mute would silence it, but the ticks didn't scale with volume. Two thumb salute didn't clear it. Parking overnight did.
Yes - I had the same issue a couple of days ago - triggered I think by an incoming phone call that I answered but the other end abruptly hung up - after that my sound was messed up exactly as you describe. I tried reboot with / without break pedal. I also tried shutting off the car for a few minutes. As you found it was fixed overnight - I am guessing by the car going to sleep - but that's purely speculation on my part.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My screen spontaneously rebooted twice today. Previous firmwares have been pretty solid for me—this is the first one that has been pretty annoying. Over the last week or so, I’ve experienced the screen glitches prior to a reboot (forced or spontaneous).

I use dashcam and stream podcasts via Bluetooth with standard maps. Is my MCU overtaxed on this version? What are your thoughts?

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally got home Friday after 5 weeks away. I had updated my car to 8.5 remotely back on April 4, but this weekend was the first time I've been able to drive it with 8.5 in place. I've had two phantom breaking episodes while going under underpasses (the type where the road dips to allow the road going over on the bridge to remain level). This has been a recurring problem on several previous firmware versions as well on this particular stretch of road. Otherwise, the car is operating fine. Backup screen works as designed, sound system fine, no other issues (yet).

pdp1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's been almost a month now since I got the 8.5 update. During the first 3 weeks I noticed 1 or 2 times where the screen rebooted by itself while I was driving. It was pretty concerning but since I read it was happening to others as well, I'm waiting it out and hoping it will be fixed by the next release. HOWEVER, just this last week, it rebooted on its own while I was driving at least 3, maybe 4 times. Has anyone else experienced it so frequently?

Also, add another instance of increased phantom braking. It seems my car is a lot more cautious of other nearby vehicles and will suddenly brake even if the other vehicle is several car lengths ahead of my car in the lane next to it. I get that it should be cautious, but the amount of braking applied vs how close the other vehicle is seems a bit over cautious. If it more gradually slowed down, I don't think I'd have as much of an issue with it.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've only had the one small quirk that I mentioned above and it was easily resolved. Everything else appears to be working well for me on this build. The biggest improvement I've noticed is that automatic lane changes (when on Autosteer, not NOA) are MUCH quicker and efficient than the prior version.

I'm still seeing the same horrific lag when resuming from a stop though. The acceleration is far too slow leaving me 5-6 car lengths behind the car in front of me so I almost always end up jamming my foot on the gas to get caught up. I had a really frustrated driver behind me this morning as I was trying to be patient and let the car do its thing. I really hope they address this in future releases.
I have this....sometimes. Still on 8.5. It's very inconsistent.

turnem

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have this....sometimes. Still on 8.5. It's very inconsistent.
Good to know. It's easy enough to fix I suppose. Can you just park and toggle Autosteer off and then back on? Or do you have to drive between toggling it off and toggling it back on like I did?