Firmware Build v9.0 2019.8.5 3aaa23d (04/04/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed this version?

• Total voters

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I received the update from 8.3 to 8.5 a few days ago. My Navigation settings screen has two items grayed out — Require Lane Change Confirmation and Lane Change Notification. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

View attachment 24782
I think you have to enable the NOA somewhere else first, then these things will be selectable. Can't remember where I changed the setting. Maybe AP

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have to admit the bloom is off the rose for me as well with the braking behavior. I’ve gotten to where I wish my EAP/FSD combo included a simple, maintain-a-set-speed cruise control option.
I agree I wish there was a version that would just use the Radar only with a set distance as it seams that TACC uses the camera system, and that often gets fooled. I hope to be more convinced that FSD will improve on this maybe they will show something at the demo that will be compelling. But at the moment I just don’t see how they are going to get there.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I received the update from 8.3 to 8.5 a few days ago. My Navigation settings screen has two items grayed out — Require Lane Change Confirmation and Lane Change Notification. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

View attachment 24782
Were you in Park at the time you tried to change those settings? Most Autopilot settings (including NoA settings) can only be changed while the car is in Park.

Gordon87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think you have to enable the NOA somewhere else first, then these things will be selectable. Can't remember where I changed the setting. Maybe AP
Thanks. I just checked. I needed to turn OFF Navigate on Autopilot and then tun it back on. That allowed me to select No or Yes for Require Lane Change Confirmation. When I selected No, it then allowed me to select which Lane Change Notification I wanted. I selected Both chime and vibrate. All good now. Now, I just need to get comfortable with the car changing lanes on its own with the roadways around here.

N54tt

Country
Country
Adding on to my issues since 8.5 Maybe coincidence like my other issues? But also immediately after update...my total range capacity has taken a 4-5mile hit. The dip below the dotted line is right after the update.

0ED31071-A269-4538-8AB8-F609995272EB.jpeg

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car has developed issues with my garage since 8.2, but nearly consistently on 8.5.

When in my garage and putting it in reverse to leave, I get an error that 'Blindspot Detection is Reduced' (has also happened a couple times when driving in the last month on 8.x). Once out of my garage, it clears. Parking in other places do not have the error when first starting out.
And my garage messes with the auto-wipers. They come on nearly every time I pull into the garage (regardless if it was raining outside or not) and when starting the car in the garage.

foo

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I agree I wish there was a version that would just use the Radar only with a set distance as it seams that TACC uses the camera system, and that often gets fooled. I hope to be more convinced that FSD will improve on this maybe they will show something at the demo that will be compelling. But at the moment I just don’t see how they are going to get there.
Yep.... need "Cruise Control Classic"! Just maintain the set speed and let me worry about traffic, etc.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My car has developed issues with my garage since 8.2, but nearly consistently on 8.5.

When in my garage and putting it in reverse to leave, I get an error that 'Blindspot Detection is Reduced' (has also happened a couple times when driving in the last month on 8.x). Once out of my garage, it clears. Parking in other places do not have the error when first starting out.
And my garage messes with the auto-wipers. They come on nearly every time I pull into the garage (regardless if it was raining outside or not) and when starting the car in the garage.
I have that BSD limited issue too. I wonder if it’s just too dark for those cameras in my driveway.

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd say it is an issue if it is throwing an error when putting it in gear.
It is a warning, because it is actually happening (blindspot is limited inside of the garage) on a condition that is not to be useful anyway.
It is almost like the warning of the backseat seat belt unbuckled when you have some heavy backpack on the backseat.
Maybe you don't want to be warned during that time, but then it is a feature request, not really an issue. On the backseat warning, that feature was implemented about a year ago ...

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had this since day one (May 26, 2018).

I hope the new neural network will finally address it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There may be more than one issue going on. I believe that might have been an issue running Teslafi and stats concurrently. I have stats and remote s, no Teslafi. Changing my password was one of the things I tried to troubleshoot. But didn’t have an impact. Only thing for me that worked was disconnecting my car from WiFi. I’ve also noticed people have had this issue before 8.5 and some don’t have it at all on 8.5. But in my case 100% it started happening immediately after my 8.5 update....just to throw that data point out there.
I am also running just Teslafi - and was one of the people reporting more than the usual phantom drain and the fact that the car would not sleep for several days after I updated to 8.5. However that behavior has changed - as of last weekend - we went out of town and while the car did not always go to sleep - there were times when it was in idle mode for many hours at a time - the phantom drain slowed to what I would consider a much more normal rate - more like just a few miles or so over a 24 hour period. Since returning home the car has been sleeping more normally - both at work and at home. I have not turned off wifi - that remains on. The only setting change that I made was to turn off the cabin overheat protection completely - I found that it had been set to the "fan only" mode - which I think I had set it to that when I got the car back in November - so pretty sure it had been that way for a while - and so I am not sure that changing it to totally off had anything really to do with the behavior change - probably more of a coincidence than anything else. Not sure I can pin the behavior change on anything more specific than the timing coincidence of updating to 8.5. Perhaps there was more activity going on in the background - perhaps maps updates - after the update to 8.5 - but for whatever reason it has returned to a more normal sleep pattern. I will keep an eye on it over the next week or so and will report back if that changes at all. Wish I could pin the behavior change on something more specific.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone else have the "cruise not available" error message on 2019.8.5 (which fully disables not only EAP but basic cruise, the car also sees NO vehicles around it suggesting that the forward radar is also blind)? I've had intermittent cases of not being able to activate cruise while on the same trip. Yesterday I faced issues on both AM and PM trips and today everything was normal in the AM but there was one instance where I couldn't activate cruise, but it worked at all other times in the PM.

I'm trying to isolate if it's firmware related on one of my sensors has possibly come loose after driving into to a pothole without my realizing it.

Wiping all cameras clean didn't help. I wonder if this sounds like something I'd need to call in a service appt? Any idea how much such service calls cost esp. if they come to you?

Country
Country
Anyone else have the "cruise not available" error message on 2019.8.5 (which fully disables not only EAP but basic cruise, the car also sees NO vehicles around it suggesting that the forward radar is also blind)? I've had intermittent cases of not being able to activate cruise while on the same trip. Yesterday I faced issues on both AM and PM trips and today everything was normal in the AM but there was one instance where I couldn't activate cruise, but it worked at all other times in the PM.

I'm trying to isolate if it's firmware related on one of my sensors has possibly come loose after driving into to a pothole without my realizing it.

Wiping all cameras clean didn't help. I wonder if this sounds like something I'd need to call in a service appt? Any idea how much such service calls cost esp. if they come to you?
Yes I also got that message a few times.

bwilson4web

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I've also gotten the message. Today it was on a road with a solid yellow line on the left and a curb on the right. It actually happened twice but by steering closer to the curb, it worked perfectly. Then I activated auto steering.

Next time it happens, I'll preserve the dash cam recordings and document the incident(s). I'll also try to replicate since it happened enroute to the dog park.

Bob Wilson

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m a bit concerned that I haven’t received 8.5 yet. Been checking TeslaFi, and my car every day since it started rolling out. Usually I receive an update when the install base reaches about 60% but this time, I seem to be in the last 4% to be on 8.3 still waiting.

I wonder if I had to do with my occasional and intensional behavior to delay a confirmation when NOA requests a lane change.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’m a bit concerned that I haven’t received 8.5 yet. Been checking TeslaFi, and my car every day since it started rolling out. Usually I receive an update when the install base reaches about 60% but this time, I seem to be in the last 4% to be on 8.3 still waiting.

I wonder if I had to do with my occasional and intensional behavior to delay a confirmation when NOA requests a lane change.
Don't sweat it. 8.5 has been pretty buggy for a lot of people, including me. And for what it's worth, I delay confirmation of lane changes on NOA all the time, not that it does any good; the system suggests them again within two seconds of my pressing the delay button. They need an "ignore" button instead.