Firmware Build v9.0 2019.8.1 7ee0493 (3/12/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Did you install 2019.8.1?

• Yes

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 85 92.4%

• Total voters

AB3DC

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Our canary in Nevada got this update an hour ago.

So many versions out there. Can’t even keep up just like the price changes. :p

[MOD NOTE:
POSTS SUCH AS "GOT IT!" AND "INSTALLING NOW IN (CITY)!" WILL BE REMOVED.
PLEASE USE THE VOTING BUTTONS IF NOT ADDING SPECIFIC INFORMATION YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Derik

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would love to tell you guys what it is. But my car is in for service right now. A4236DD0-9F43-44F2-BE89-33D384B4BE0B.png
I’m not the Nevada car. I’m the CA car on Teslafi.

Reactions: 5 people

Derik

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I voted yes on the poll here.. But technically I didn't install it. Should I change it to no? :p

airj1012

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I would love to tell you guys what it is. But my car is in for service right now.
I’m not the Nevada car. I’m the CA car on Teslafi.
When do you get your car back so you can look at the release notes? Asking for a friend.

Derik

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When do you get your car back so you can look at the release notes? Asking for a friend.

I dropped the car off this morning. My passenger side headlight's LED strip went out. I made the appointment like 2 months ago. Just got a push notification on my phone saying the car was done. I'll text the service person to see if that is really the case already.

GeoJohn23

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I note in Teslafi that 2019.8.1 had had 5 installs but only 4 showing in detail list — wonder if the 5th is a Model Y, or did one car go to 8.1 and then was taken back down to an earlier build?

772EE622-5E4E-40A5-B999-C93136C16641.jpeg

Ze1000

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I note in Teslafi that 2019.8.1 had had 5 installs but only 4 showing in detail list — wonder if the 5th is a Model Y, or did one car go to 8.1 and then was taken back down to an earlier build?

View attachment 23182
Every install is logged with TeslaFi, even if they rolled back or go to a newer version. Something really happened and is being filtered out by TeslaFi.
Anyway I don't believe it is a Y. Tesla got a prototype at TeslaFi before the official review ... sounds really unlikely.

Reactions: 1 person

airj1012

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Now up to 8 (minus the one that disappeared). Moving quicker than I would have thought. Maybe this is the release that Elon was talking about for the 03/15 release and 5.15 is the one thats overdue but got held up with bugs. Exciting!

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

The two lists aren't always in sync and seem to be calculated separately. The "totals" list on the bottom is updated on a much longer delay than the car-by-car update log at the top.

...though it's weird, the lists just updated for me, and they now show to 11 and 7. It doesn't look like 2019.8.1 installs are being rolled back to an earlier version, so I'm not sure what accounts for the discrepancy or the decreasing totals for 2019.8.1.

Derik

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ok. Got my car back. Here’s the notes.
A404B407-E361-431E-89E3-EE7AF8912C63.jpeg 33F1DC6E-504C-43B8-830E-CFC9300F18D9.jpeg D9243FD3-8CE1-4CB8-A010-364CEF1F32B6.jpeg
Nothing really new in there. Last update I got didn’t mention anything about sentry mode

Reactions: 3 people

Schweitzer

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I got it today in Los Angeles. Dog mode, Summon with key fob, Sentry....I thought I had these already.
Nothing about increased power.

DocScott

Top-Contributor 👍🏻
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I wonder if it has some of the supercharger-related stuff? Preconditioning when navigating to a supercharger, ability to use V3, etc.. Those things might not show up in release notes.

Dave EV

Country
Country
Yes, the v.3 supercharger update started with the 7.11 firmware
So maybe 2019.8.1 includes faster Supercharging? Someone get out there, find a lightly used Supercharger and see if it charges faster than 120 kW and if the taper starts later!

Reactions: 1 person