Firmware Build v9.0 2019.28.2 320fba0 (08/02/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

have you installed 2019.28.2?

• Total voters

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I know this sounds simple, but did you try tapping the screen?
I have the same issue, if the car is plugged in, and I leave the car and close my door, the large charging screen comes up. My wife simply touches the screen and it all goes away back to normal. Albeit only 5mins after I started charging and left the car...

I agree the system should not go to sleep if it detects an unlocked car and a passenger in the seat!
Yes, tried tapping screen, press buttons on stalks, pressing stalks, pressing BRAKE peddle, couldn't get anything to make it come back to life - other than opening up the door?

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Something I have noticed in 28.2 is better space management on my USB drive. The RecentClips folder is almost always just a few files, and the drive hasn't filled up since I got 28.2.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've started having a new issue with this release of software. It has now happened three times. Sometimes when I start driving, I reach the end of my driveway and realize that the regenerative braking isn't as strong as expected. Then I notice that my profile has changed (to my "snow" profile, which has low regen and chill mode). I have no idea why my profile would have changed - I've been the only one driving this car for weeks.

My guess is that it's related to the new "assign profile to a key card" feature. I assigned my profile to my phone. I didn't assign any others. I'll probably just remove that assignment and see if this happens again.

Last edited:

wst88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Finally got to do some driving with 28.2 and I must say it's the best version I have driven to date. Saturday I was the road for about 6 hours and was able to leave autopilot engaged 99% of the time. Lane changes are dramatically improved with no aborted attempts. There were a few times it notified of the change and immediately canceled it, but never actually initiated the actual change. Lane keeping is great, stable, the car still gets a bit uncomfortably close to other cars around turns. I think most people hug the inside of the curve and Tesla either says center or drifts to the outside.

Really Happy with this version.

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I thought I had read that 28.2 worked with exFAT but I had to reformat my SSD to FAT32. So far, a Sandisk SSD is working fine with no issues.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I figured it out. I had assigned the "snow" profile to my wife's phone. It must have been sensing her phone before mine during those times.

She never approaches the driver's door, so despite the wording in the release notes, it doesn't appear to differentiate between two phones based on driver's location - it just picks the first phone.

I've started having a new issue with this release of software. It has now happened three times. Sometimes when I start driving, I reach the end of my driveway and realize that the regenerative braking isn't as strong as expected. Then I notice that my profile has changed (to my "snow" profile, which has low regen and chill mode). I have no idea why my profile would have changed - I've been the only one driving this car for weeks.

My guess is that it's related to the new "assign profile to a key card" feature. I assigned my profile to my phone. I didn't assign any others. I'll probably just remove that assignment and see if this happens again.

SimonMatthews

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just had the weirdest experience with the wipers.

I pulled into a parking space in a shopping center, hit park and the wipers started wiping. It's a hot and dry day. After driving to another parking spot, the wipers stopped, then re-started when I parked in the original parking space. In between, I rebooted the screen and powered off the car (but perhaps not for long enough).

This made me realize that the manual wiper control is missing a setting: "Off".

Also, at the same time, my phone was suddenly logged out of the Tesla app.

sduck

Country
Country
Yes, I've had that also, but not this particular firmware, although I bet it still does it. One particular parking place, facing the side of a building, the weather can be perfect, but if it's a certain time in the morning my wipers will start wiping like crazy. And yes, it was the first time I found there's no off setting. Normally there's no need for one!

SR22pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still getting USB device too slow warnings. Ugh.
I ran speed tests on the USBs that I have and was surprised by the slow write speeds. Read speeds were high but writes were slow. It turned out that some free ones from Microcenter had slower reads but decent writes and they worked. In the end I put in an SSD.

NJturtlePower

Living the Dream, Driving the Future!
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update's notes for 2019.28.2
I don't have this update yet, but find that note about the music volume weird.... mine has always lowered the volume significantly when any door is opened. I actually wish it didnt at time like if I'm in the driveway washing/vacuuming the interior and WANT to listen.

Side note about media/music... is there a way for a passenger to stay in the car (front or back seats) and continue to listen to the entertainment system?

Like if I run in to grab a pizza my son will often stay in the back seat, but if I fully close my door, and walk away with or without my phone the media stops playing. My workaround so far has just to leave the door closed but not latched, but there has to be a better Tesla designed way allowing the doors to lock while passengers sit inside enjoying music and AC.