Current Firmware Build v9.0 2019.28.2 320fba0 (08/02/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

have you installed 2019.28.2?

• Total voters

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed tonight, the display flipped from day to night mode right as the sun completely dipped behind the mountain range (3 minutes before the official sunset time for that area), and the mirrors dimmed approx 30-35 minutes later.
It has been a while since I've driven right at sunset/dusk, but this is earlier than how it was acting previously and seems to make much more sense with the actual ambient light levels. Previously, it seemed the mirrors wouldn't dim until more like an hour after sunset - at least for me.
My display flipped from night to day mode this morning in the middle of my commute, even though we are completely overcast here right now. So if they are taking ambient lighting into consideration, it must still be based partially on just time.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My display flipped from night to day mode this morning in the middle of my commute, even though we are completely overcast here right now. So if they are taking ambient lighting into consideration, it must still be based partially on just time.
I didn't mean to imply it reads the ambient light to flip from day/night, but that using the exact sunset time to flip, and the mirror dim to flip at twilight is more keeping with the ambient light for that time - if that makes sense.

jfalkl

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone know if the bug introduced in 24.4 with the USB drive being flagged as too slow is fixed in 28.2? Thanks

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just today, I found that the in-car map no longer shows the actual rate at each station!

I was hoping to compare charging in Waco vs. Corsicana for a Texas road-trip tomorrow, but can find no source of cost per minute in the car nav where it used to be or online. abetterrouteplanner seems to have the rate, but I wonder if we're moving into an era of surge pricing since I believe the electric company will charge a higher rate for commercial charger use at certain times of overall high usage (e.g. when a charging station is full they may pay more and now we may pay more). Obviously I don't have actual info, but the withdrawal of formerly fixed per-station pricing from NAV makes me suspect something is up...

BTW, I just updated to 2019.28.2 yesterday, but don't know if that is related to this change or not.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I recently updated to 2019.28.2 and noticed that Tesla supercharger detailed information no longer shows pricing. Can someone on 2019.24.x confirm that they still do on that earlier release?

UPDATE:
it appears to apply to the two Superchargers I was trying to compare (Waco and Corsicana in Texas), but not to other Superchargers.

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I now think it was the 2 specific Superchargers I was trying to compare. I’ve seen pricing reported on other Superchargers, but not on Waco or Corsicana in Texas. Sorry about the false alarm.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes!!! This finally fixes the speed limit offset automatic changes. After a release last year sometime, autopilot stopped increasing speed automatically, it still would decrease automatically. Now both are functional again!

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I now think it was the 2 specific Superchargers I was trying to compare. I’ve seen pricing reported on other Superchargers, but not on Waco or Corsicana in Texas. Sorry about the false alarm.
In the past, some chargers have been "subsidized", meaning the local shopping center or location pays for the electricity, making it free for all Teslas regardless of any "Free Supercharging" you may have been given.

Waco and Corsicana have, in the past, been a couple of those.

Also, Turkey Lake, FL was as well. It also doesn't show costing info in the navigation and I charged there for free in March 2019.

Yet, I have personally experienced that this no longer guarantees you won't be charged. Our local St. Charles Supercharger at Zumbehl Road used to be subsidized, but now costs me to use even though it still doesn't show costing information.

OKCU

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How does the profile changing work when my wife and i get into the car with both our iPhone "keys?"

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes!!! This finally fixes the speed limit offset automatic changes. After a release last year sometime, autopilot stopped increasing speed automatically, it still would decrease automatically. Now both are functional again!
I’ve always had my AP set to “relative” and +0 and it has always adjusted up and down when entering a new speed limit

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got that update yesterday night. Went to a Customer today, a 130 km trip. Here is what I see
- a lot less dancing cars when waiting at a stop or a red light
- better off ramp / on ramp
- better NoA, and lane change
- Got 2 phantom breaks (was when passing under a viaduc - bridge)

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve always had my AP set to “relative” and +0 and it has always adjusted up and down when entering a new speed limit
Maybe it is just when you set it above speed limit...

Going exact speed limit around here would create what is called an unsafe condition for the roadways and I have seen many accidents because of it. Do it in the left lane and you might get a ticket in some cases or ran off road.

Last edited: