Firmware Build v9.0 2019.28.2 320fba0 (08/02/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

have you installed 2019.28.2?

• Total voters

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine's reporting 28.2 but with the same update messages as above...

[edit] 28.2 320fba0
same here but mine had a dog mode update at the end was that from the last update? if so I missed it.

Trident3

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Updated to 28.2 yesterday model S. Parked in garage, charger not connected, car off, keys in other room. Vehicle solenoids clicking, Right headlight comes on, more clinking then left headlight. More clicking vehicle raises more clinking then lowers. More clicking and repeats. Did hard reset nothing changed. Car possessed. What next. Any ideas?

JasonF

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's very likely your 12 volt battery is low or dead cell (oddly enough the battery voltage detection doesn't seem to notice dead cells), and it's causing failures that the car is trying to work around. It may have also caused the firmware update not to complete. Plug the car in and let it go to sleep, and see if that fixes everything. If not, service is still an option.

EDIT: Sorry, was under the impression all of that stuff was happening AFTER the software update was completed. Which a low 12v battery can cause some of the background task tests to keep repeating. Normally it only does those tests once.

Last edited:

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated to 28.2 yesterday model S. Parked in garage, charger not connected, car off, keys in other room. Vehicle solenoids clicking, Right headlight comes on, more clinking then left headlight. More clicking vehicle raises more clinking then lowers. More clicking and repeats. Did hard reset nothing changed. Car possessed. What next. Any ideas?
All the clicking and flashing is normal during a software update. What you don’t want to do is do a reset before the update is complete, that can cause the install to fail. Best to just go inside your house and wait until you get the message software update complete before touching anything. That being said, at this point, you’re going to need the SC to force another update.

Trident3

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
All the clicking and flashing is normal during a software update. What you don’t want to do is do a reset before the update is complete, that can cause the install to fail. Best to just go inside your house and wait until you get the message software update complete before touching anything. That being said, at this point, you’re going to need the SC to force another update.
Ended up doing a factory reset. Now it works fine. Beats me?

sduck

Country
Country
Ended up doing a factory reset. Now it works fine. Beats me?
A factory reset is pretty serious, and should be the last resort. You want to try the power off option first (and sit in it for 3-5 minutes, not touching anything, until all the little noises stop).

Trident3

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Factory reset was the only thing that seemed to work. Tried unplugging, turning everything off, driving it, parked it and it still was cycling. Once I did the reset, it all stop, saved the latest update and put me back in California. Once I drove it out of the garage it recognized home and everything worked, but I did have to reset the garage door and gate and turn everything back on I turned off. Runs fine now.

Trident3

Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
It's very likely your 12 volt battery is low or dead cell (oddly enough the battery voltage detection doesn't seem to notice dead cells), and it's causing failures that the car is trying to work around. It may have also caused the firmware update not to complete. Plug the car in and let it go to sleep, and see if that fixes everything. If not, service is still an option.

EDIT: Sorry, was under the impression all of that stuff was happening AFTER the software update was completed. Which a low 12v battery can cause some of the background task tests to keep repeating. Normally it only does those tests once.
You were correct, it was after the update.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A factory reset is pretty serious, and should be the last resort. You want to try the power off option first (and sit in it for 3-5 minutes, not touching anything, until all the little noises stop).
Totally agree here, as I bricked Middie the first day I had her when I reset while an update was in progress.

GeoJohn23

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Back on thread topic - installed 2019.28.2 today (from 24.2) and seems to me that EAP is MUCH better at anticipating traffic and therefore also very much smoother with acceleration, slowing/stopping and steering adjustments. Still not perfect (for example follow distance is much closer on a downhill than on the level or uphill for the same follow setting — and therefore not as smooth in particularly slowing/stopping on the downhill than in other conditions); but, sure felt much, much, much more improved and confident.

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
seems to me that EAP is MUCH better at anticipating traffic and therefore also very much smoother with acceleration, slowing/stopping and steering adjustments.
Quite the opposite for me, Max seems awfully nervous now on the roads I usually drive. Lots of jerky course corrections. YMMV :)

aronth5

Country
Country
Totally agree here, as I bricked Middie the first day I had her when I reset while an update was in progress.
May not matter but I never stay in the car during the software update. Just adds a variable that isn't necessary. And for what it's worth I've never had a problem after an update.
Had my car for 16 months.

I’m seeing even more phantom braking in TACC than before updating from 24.2. Had one slowdown to about 15 mph in a 45 zone. No traffic behind or in front of me so I just let it happen to see how slow it would go.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
May not matter but I never stay in the car during the software update. Just adds a variable that isn't necessary. And for what it's worth I've never had a problem after an update.
Had my car for 16 months.
Aside from an occasional failed update that works on the next try, neither have I since.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed tonight, the display flipped from day to night mode right as the sun completely dipped behind the mountain range (3 minutes before the official sunset time for that area), and the mirrors dimmed approx 30-35 minutes later.
It has been a while since I've driven right at sunset/dusk, but this is earlier than how it was acting previously and seems to make much more sense with the actual ambient light levels. Previously, it seemed the mirrors wouldn't dim until more like an hour after sunset - at least for me.

airbusav8r

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I noticed tonight, the display flipped from day to night mode right as the sun completely dipped behind the mountain range (3 minutes before the official sunset time for that area), and the mirrors dimmed approx 30-35 minutes later.
It has been a while since I've driven right at sunset/dusk, but this is earlier than how it was acting previously and seems to make much more sense with the actual ambient light levels. Previously, it seemed the mirrors wouldn't dim until more like an hour after sunset - at least for me.
I haven’t updated yet and I think you are correct; I’m on AP so often I never really noticed the mirrors.