Firmware Build v9.0 2019.28.1 4ff958d (08/01/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

have you installed it?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

lance.bailey

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
by linking the key to the profile, does this mean that the car will finally "know me" and set up the seat and so on to my preferences automagically?

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sure hope it knows which one of us are going to the DRIVER’s side of the car! We both carry our phone keys, so if she beats me to the car, I’d prefer it doesn’t switch to her profile!

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sure hope it knows which one of us are going to the DRIVER’s side of the car! We both carry our phone keys, so if she beats me to the car, I’d prefer it doesn’t switch to her profile!
the original owners manual listed this as a feature (later removed when it didnt materialize) and at that point, it said it would default to the first phone it registered approaching.

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are bluetooth antennas in the driver's side mirror, so it is possible to recognize who is where if the software is smart enough. But I fully expect it to just go with the first phone, and already prepared to race out to the car and get there first :)

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The profile linking has to work really really well. I hope it improves.

Today with the BT phone key, when I open door for my wife, often times her phone shows up as BT connected although mine was last used. So it would be wrong profile.

And today like a few other times. I am only one in the car. Car recognizes my phone, unlocks door, lets me drive but shows no BT device connected. Thats is so strange. It has to be connected or I can't unlock and drive.
Did it this morning.

Hopefully these are addressed.

Dogwhistle

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are bluetooth antennas in the driver's side mirror, so it is possible to recognize who is where if the software is smart enough. But I fully expect it to just go with the first phone, and already prepared to race out to the car and get there first :)
Looks like the release notes specifically say “when near the drivers door”, so here’s hoping!

Deadbattery

Country
Country
Went for a quick ride tonight. There are no magic hidden AP updates, I ran three stop signs and for traffic lights trying to get the car to pay attention to the lights, NOTHING. ( this did not happen)

The Bluetooth upgrade is very good, I have long been in the habit of turning up the volume on my phone to max in the car but this is better, regardless of how the phone is set it effectively is taking a reference "line out" as a result I had the car volume lower than I would have prior to the update. so YAY.

The rest will have to wait