Current Firmware Build v9.0 2019.24.4 73fb1ab (7/19/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.24.4?

• Total voters

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also it appears ELDA will no longer turn back on at the start of every trip (msjulie prompted me to check). I just disabled it, put it into drive, then park, then got out and locked the car. Then got back in, and it was still disabled. I believe this notice is now new?

1563823401604.png

Last edited:

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Release notes seem to indicate minor/no special advancements. Advanced summon, wither art thou?
Yeah, Tesla talk a lot about FSD features, but are slow to deliver. They have had advanced summon on their website since march of this year as being part of the current feature set (with stoplight handling and city driving late this year). All of my non tesla owning friends assume my car can already do it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After the install(coming from 20.4.2), I got a screen warning that said my usb 2.0 stick was too slow and the dash cam would be disabled. USB 3.0 sticks wouldn't work for me previously so I decided to give it another try. So now USB 3.0 works perfectly for dashcam. Is this new or did I miss an upgrade somewhere back?

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also it appears ELDA will no longer turn back on at the start of every trip (msjulie prompted me to check). I just disabled it, put it into drive, then park, then got out and locked the car. Then got back in, and it was still disabled.
Does ELDA remain disabled after shifting the car into Drive?

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After the install(coming from 20.4.2), I got a screen warning that said my usb 2.0 stick was too slow and the dash cam would be disabled. USB 3.0 sticks wouldn't work for me previously so I decided to give it another try. So now USB 3.0 works perfectly for dashcam. Is this new or did I miss an upgrade somewhere back?
I believe the slow drive warning is new, but I've been successfully using a USB 3.1 drive since the dashcam feature was first introduced.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also it appears ELDA will no longer turn back on at the start of every trip (msjulie prompted me to check). I just disabled it, put it into drive, then park, then got out and locked the car. Then got back in, and it was still disabled. I believe this notice is now new?

View attachment 27816
Don't I hope that's the case. ELDA is good on the Interstate but not the back country roads I drive. Looking forward to the update.

Lgkahn

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Away for summer. Was on 4.2 expecting 4.4 shocked to.see this release. Bummed I'm not home to test it.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This update took 30 minutes to install for me. It’s fairly timely as I could maybe make use of a public/shared CHAdeMO adapter if I came across one in an area where I’m desperate for a quick charge while on my road trip (now in progress).

tencate

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I occasionally try out "autopilot" in my neighborhood which is low speed and pretty darn challenging for it. The behavior in this software release is decidedly different than 20.4.2. It seems much more confident on wide streets with curbs and parked cars now. BUT, it's also quick to just plain give up and flash the red "take over, I'm not doing this" message and then autopilot shuts off. Will experiment some more today. The previous release would hesitate and "wiggle" around in the lane a lot but wouldn't give up so easily. I suspect lots of tinkering behind the scenes in the software on this release.

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

View attachment 27816
That warning message is exactly the same as in previous versions with one important difference. They've removed the final sentence which read "This setting will reset for the next drive cycle." Looks like they heard @msjulie and others on this one.

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
somehow with NoA my car now will take left turn after an exit on the highway See map below. my car took both left turn, not the best left turn but still an improvement. Anyone saw this behaviour ?

First for me Capture d’écran, le 2019-07-23 à 18.31.36.png

Craig Bennett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I occasionally try out "autopilot" in my neighborhood which is low speed and pretty darn challenging for it. The behavior in this software release is decidedly different than 20.4.2. It seems much more confident on wide streets with curbs and parked cars now. BUT, it's also quick to just plain give up and flash the red "take over, I'm not doing this" message and then autopilot shuts off. <edit>.
Interesting. I have to say I prefer it giving control back to me vs trying to kill me while I watch in stark terror. :)