Firmware Build V9.0 2019.20.4.2 66625e9 (6/25/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.20.4.2?

• Total voters

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but today with Sentry mode turned ON, I was in a restaurant watching my car and turned on the AC for pre-cooling and the alarm went off, flashing lights and all.
Anyone else have this bug?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but today with Sentry mode turned ON, I was in a restaurant watching my car and turned on the AC for pre-cooling and the alarm went off, flashing lights and all.
Anyone else have this bug?
Ha! I'm going to have to give that one a try!

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My backup camera was black the whole time while backing out of a parking spot. Several times during the next 5 minutes, when I switched the backup camera back on, it was still black. I had trouble with this several builds ago, but for the most part, it seemed resolved. I did NOT reboot, yet it was working an hour later, when I was leaving Mom's house. It had been parked for at least an hour.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My backup camera was black the whole time while backing out of a parking spot. Several times during the next 5 minutes, when I switched the backup camera back on, it was still black. I had trouble with this several builds ago, but for the most part, it seemed resolved. I did NOT reboot, yet it was working an hour later, when I was leaving Mom's house. It had been parked for at least an hour.
I've had that issue on 20.4.2 as well. It also coincided with lack of camera and radar input (i.e. no cruise, Autopilot, or dashcam). Everything came back after the car was parked at work for a few hours.

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
(This was from 20.4.4, so slightly different point version.)

I found this interesting tday. Back on Autonomy Day, Elon showed off how the neural net will predict the way a roadway is going to curve. Most of the time, the projection showed on the display isn't far enough ahead for me to notice if our HW 2.5 cars are actually doing that or if it's just the demo they were showing. But this photo I took today shows that HW 2.5 cars do project ahead, because in this case it gets it wrong. AP thinks the road ahead makes a gentle curve, when actually it's just a regular right-angle intersection. I can kind of see why it thinks that; the rounded corner of the grassy area on the near side combines with some confusing visual cues across the street to make it look a little like that's what happens. But to a human, there are plenty of cues that it's a right-angle intersection, such as the orientation stop lights.
View attachment 27608
Maybe AP was anticipating (too early) the curve ahead, and not on your route, which I guess is an entrance ramp to I-287?

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe AP was anticipating (too early) the curve ahead, and not on your route, which I guess is an entrance ramp to I-287?
I think that's too far ahead. The display shows the road curving immediately after the car in front of me. The curve in the entrance ramp doesn't happen for another couple of hundred feet. You can see that the right turn on to North Broadway has an unusual shape to it, though--not quite a merge lane, but an exaggerated rounding to the corner. I'm pretty sure it's the exaggerated rounding that's throwing it off.

In fact, it's almost right. But if you actually followed the blue lines as shown at the instant I took the picture you'd cross lanes and have a hard time completing the turn in time to avoid crossing the double-yellow. To be clear, I'm sure AP wouldn't actually do that; another few feet forward and it would either correct or understand that it was in a situation it couldn't handle and disengage. Since AP is not yet equipped to handle turns at intersections on surface streets, that's not a knock against the system or a safety hazard. (The only reason AP was on at all in that situation is that I'd just come off of 287.) But it's interesting to see the predictive algorithm in play...

287 interchange.png