Firmware Build V9.0 2019.20.4.1 b612f97 (6/22/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.20.4.1?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Reboot after updates, and power off (sit in car like a goof for 5 minutes, don’t touch anything). Generally clearing the cache (and letting the memory dump and pull fresh from the internal SSD) fixes a majority of issues mentioned. I know it may seem weird rebooting your car; but keep in mind this is a software update. I’m surprised at this point the car doesn’t perform a hard reboot of the MCU and micro-controllers for primary systems. Meh, just give it a good reboot, then power down to let the firmware reset. Should be good.

Country
Country
My nephew played beach buggy for about half and hour today at a location that was not geofenced to disable sentry mode. We played with the passenger door open as he was not big enough to sit on the seat and have the car detect someone being in the seat. About 2 hours later I left and noticed an X in the dashcam. Sentry continued to alert but I guess it didn't record I'll have to check when I get to work on when it stopped.

I keep a spare USB in the car for this reason and a swap to that restored recording. I was in a remote area with lots of deer so I really wanted it recording. Saw maybe 6 before I swapped in the spare USB then no more after that haha. Such is life. Just got the alert for 2019.20.4.2 will install now.

I put the failed card in my pc for Windows 10 to repair I'll see if that does the trick

EDIT: I guess excessive Sentry alerts filled the card. Will be bumping it to a larger partition - Windows did do whatever "repairs" it needed to do on the microsd card. I typically don't see this pop up...just my 2 cents...

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just got this build yesterday, and this morning I was updated to 2019.20.4.2.

There may be a bad bug in this one. o_O

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Drove 200 miles yesterday on 20.4.1. Only bugginess I noticed was trunk latch wouldn't lock half the time and my charged port opened on it's own once. On to 20.4.2 today.

Needsdecaf

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Yeah, TeslaFi shows that a lot of the 20.4.2 updates are coming from 20.4.1.

I'm sensing a big WHOOPS in 20.4.1. May not be obvious to the users but Tesla sure isn't letting this one sit

MMMGP

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yesterday while visiting my local SuperCharger, I noticed that my car was able to charge at 137kW even though the chargers at this station are rated up to 120kW.

Never received the charge to 90% as planned, instead the charging stopped at 77% and there was a message to check the charger displayed on the screen. I did attempt to restart the charging, but that failed. When unplugging the handle, I noticed the cable and handle were very very warm. My guess is that some sort of thermal limit was reached.
a77cbbd6-61db-4d58-b9e4-5adab48f5117-jpeg.27113

Last edited:

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yesterday while visiting my local SuperCharger, I noticed that my car was able to charge at 137kW even though the chargers at this station are rated up to 120kW.

Never received the charge to 90% as planned, instead the charging stopped at 77% and there was a message to check the charger displayed on the screen. I did attempt to restart the charging, but that failed. When unplugging the handle, I noticed the cable and handle were very very warm. My guess is that some sort of thermal limit was reached.
View attachment 27113
I saw 600 mph a few times while supercharging yesterday. It spent a LOT more time in the 580's tho.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Same here, I just was updated the other day to 20.4.1 and got an update notification this morning. First time ever that the OTA failed, figures :confused:

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is that what you typically see during charging? I don’t recall ever seeing over 100kW at my local supercharger spot.
Have you tried a different supercharger? If your supercharger is functioning normally, it's sounds to me like you're charging at a high state of charge(say over 40%), or you're consistently charging at a paired charger, i.e. another car is using the same charger(1a and 1b), or maybe you're using a urban supercharger?

JeanDeBarraux

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dashcam stopped working with this update again. Why does it require a re-format so often?
Probably because your device wasn't properly shut down before the system was rebooted. Since the dashcam continuously records video to your device, unplugging (or rebooting) without first stopping the recording almost guarantees that the file system will be damaged. No need to reformat. Just "repair disk" under window is usually sufficient.

That's something Tesla can easily fix: unmount the drive before rebooting or after the recording has stopped.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Probably because your device wasn't properly shut down before the system was rebooted. Since the dashcam continuously records video to your device, unplugging (or rebooting) without first stopping the recording almost guarantees that the file system will be damaged. No need to reformat. Just "repair disk" under window is usually sufficient.

That's something Tesla can easily fix: unmount the drive before rebooting or after the recording has stopped.
Hmm, that sounds odd.. I don't shut if down any differently between software updates. I just press P and sometimes DOUBLE P.

And this issue really only happens when there is a SW update.