Firmware Build v9.0 2019.20.1 9973c22 (6/6/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install 2019.20.1?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installed this version yesterday and I noticed that my dash cam is not working anymore?
See if the USB flash drive ran out of free space. That happened to me when I installed 16.2. Turned out the drive was full. You can report the bug to Tesla ("bug report"), but I am pretty sure they already know about it (which doesn't mean they will actually fix it).

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
See if the USB flash drive ran out of free space. That happened to me when I installed 16.2. Turned out the drive was full. You can report the bug to Tesla ("bug report"), but I am pretty sure they already know about it (which doesn't mean they will actually fix it).
I deleted all files on the drive and pluged it in again but still it does not work.... Also reset the Model3 but also no result. Hope Tesla will have received this error and will fix it soon.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not really important to me. Dog mode isn’t something I care about as I’m definitely not a dog person and would never put one in my vehicle. Advanced summon is something I look forward to though. Hopefully that’s on the horizon.

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Okay has anyone noticed significant overnight phantom drain. Last night the car lost 13 miles. Never has it been that much. Car was off and parked. It WAS hot here much more than usual but the car temp was about 82 inside. And I can’t imagine someone say in Phoenix or SoCal has a similar experience.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Okay has anyone noticed significant overnight phantom drain. Last night the car lost 13 miles. Never has it been that much. Car was off and parked. It WAS hot here much more than usual but the car temp was about 82 inside. And I can’t imagine someone say in Phoenix or SoCal has a similar experience.
Cabin overheat protection enabled?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
... and if someone who doesn't like to use turn signals, doesn't like it, I don't care. ;)
Do you use your turn signal when you swerve out of the lane to avoid pothole / debris / rod construction? Because I sure as hell don't. Especially when, say, a lampshade falls out of the truck in front of you at 70 MPH.

This emergency lane departure thing is freaking annoying. Yes, it has hooted at me a few times when I wandered across the lane line when not in AP and I wasn't paying the best of attention. But there are legitimate times I have crossed lines due to the above, and all of a sudden the nannys are screaming at me. It's distracting at the moment when I LEAST want it to be.

And if you think the above is an exaggeration, try driving on Houston roads for a week. Guarantee you won't think that any longer.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Consider re-tweeting this comment. I think such a tweak to the feature would prevent most of this unwanted interventions by ELDA.

Do you use your turn signal when you swerve out of the lane to avoid pothole / debris / rod construction? Because I sure as hell don't. Especially when, say, a lampshade falls out of the truck in front of you at 70 MPH.

This emergency lane departure thing is freaking annoying. Yes, it has hooted at me a few times when I wandered across the lane line when not in AP and I wasn't paying the best of attention. But there are legitimate times I have crossed lines due to the above, and all of a sudden the nannys are screaming at me. It's distracting at the moment when I LEAST want it to be.

And if you think the above is an exaggeration, try driving on Houston roads for a week. Guarantee you won't think that any longer.

msjulie

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in Sunnyvale during the day and the car gets charged when I get in - normally I might lose a % of charge by early/mid afternoon. The last couple days, 3-4% - the phone app can show you the interior temp. In my car, at about 10am it was 100 F in the car. Car has a windshield sunscreen up (every day mostly). When I come to the car to leave, I hear the battery cooling system (guessing) running. Same thing for all the 3's parked around me.. phantom drain in this heat doesn't surprise me actually.

Last night I don't think it got below low 80s right?

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have 2019.20.1, but something large has been coming down the router the last few days.
Could be a map update, but my maps were updated fairly recently.
Kind curious what's going on.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like Tesla has opened the flood gates on this one after a seemingly targeted California/ European release. 150mi RT commute tomorrow AM where I primarily use AP/NOA. Some frightening phantom braking on 16.2 so hoping 20.1 calms it down a bit.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
[regarding overriding lane departure avoidance] Maybe has more to do with steering mode than drivetrain.
I have found the resistance necessary to override auto-steer to be proportional to the car's confidence in the situation. Watch the screen. The bolder the object, the more sure the car is about it. When the lane lines are light, it is easy to take control, when bold/ dark it takes far more pressure.

Last edited: