Firmware Build v9.0 2019.16.2 73d3f3c (5/20/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.16.2?

• Total voters

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sharing an issue that happened the me a couple of times yesterday.

I'm navigating on autopilot, driving in the middle lane of a 3-lane highway. NoAP suggests that I moved to the passing lane and I confirm. Some time after passing the slow car, I can see its headlights in my rear view mirror so I activate the turn signal to get out of the passing lane. Now this where it gets strange. There is a car ahead of me in the middle lane, maybe 100 feet away. It does not appear be slow. At that point my car instead of merging gently, brakes in the passing lane. I did not try to find out what it was trying to do because I took over, accelerated and merged.

This has happened one more time not long after. So the third time I waited longer, to add more distance between my car and the one I was passing, before activating the turn signal: this time the car merged smoothly in the middle lane.
I consistently have the same issue as you and I use a follow setting at 1. I'm not sure I would characterize my issue as braking, but rather a significant hesitation and deceleration more akin to lifting off the accelerator. Like you, I have learned to wait longer before changing back(at the risk of pissing off those behind me) or manually accelerating during the lane change. As with all things Tesla, patience, it will improve.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does anyone notice the that autopilot's "follow distance" at a given setting is counter-intuitive when going uphill vs downhill? I keep autopilot on 2 or 3 always, and when going uphill, my 3 trails the next car by a lot. When going downhill, it rides closer than normal flat roads. To me, the distance should be the same in all scenarios, but I'm mainly concerned with the downhill, whereby gravity will dictate slower stopping times and more braking effort. I find myself manually increasing the follow distance to compensate for this. (sidenote: I'm not sure this is 2019.16.2 specific, just something I was thinking about during my commute last week and yesterday)

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
my commute is mostly downhill going to work (about a 350ft elevation drop over the first 5miles, then over the next 9 miles up and down between 0-200ft elevation), and haven't noticed any difference in the follow distance between going up or down hill.
BUT - as I've said regarding other AP things before, I am normally going well under the speed limit (for a majority of the drive, well under the minimum 18MPH TACC speed), and do think AP behaves near perfect at these slow speeds, so if you are traveling at speed, that could be the difference. IDK.. but even thinking of the last work road trip I took, that include a hilly freeway section going 75MPH, I don't remember noticing it varying between each assent/decent.

boppo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hi Folks,
I installed version 16.2 a while back and set my setting to advance for software downloads but I have not received any since then.

Does this really work or are they mad at me and don't want me to have any more? :)

Thanks

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Hi Folks,
I installed version 16.2 a while back and set my setting to advance for software downloads but I have not received any since then.

Does this really work or are they mad at me and don't want me to have any more? :)

Thanks
It’s probably like the close button in the elevator - something for you to push and feel like you’re doing something, but not actually connected to anything. There’s a whole another thread about a bunch of us who were early purchasers of FSD and we were promised to be among the first for firmware updates. And that’s not happened (yet) either.

boppo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It’s probably like the close button in the elevator - something for you to push and feel like you’re doing something, but not actually connected to anything. There’s a whole another thread about a bunch of us who were early purchasers of FSD and we were promised to be among the first for firmware updates. And that’s not happened (yet) either.
Thanks for the reply Bigriver,
Just after posting, I went down to the garage and set it from advanced to standard for 15 minutes then back to advanced. Then about a hour later I got a message on my iPhone that there was a update. I went down and installed it and it was firmware version 2019.20.2.1.
Maybe that was a bug or it just needed to be reset.
Thanks

Long Ranger

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe that was a bug or it just needed to be reset.
Or perhaps you hit the button just before the elevator door was about to close anyway.;)

Teslafi shows that the flood gates really opened on 2019.20.2.1 today. It went from the fourth most common build to the most common over the past several hours. But who knows, maybe it was your clicking that got it all started!

boppo

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Or perhaps you hit the button just before the elevator door was about to close anyway.;)

Teslafi shows that the flood gates really opened on 2019.20.2.1 today. It went from the fourth most common build to the most common over the past several hours. But who knows, maybe it was your clicking that got it all started!
you are probably right
thanks

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got this reply from Tesla: "To prevent this issue we recommend to exclude home for sentry mode (navigation must have home location stored). If you have any question please reach out."
Anybody know if this bug has been resolved? Would like to turn Sentry Mode back on.