Firmware Build v9.0 2019.16.2 73d3f3c (5/20/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.16.2?

• Total voters

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just got this reply from Tesla: "To prevent this issue we recommend to exclude home for sentry mode (navigation must have home location stored). If you have any question please reach out."
Seems odd that a lot more people on this forum haven't experienced this issue. I wouldn't have thought those settings would be that unique to you and I. Thanks for the tips.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Maybe you accidentally turned on speed limit warnings?

I just did that this morning. Except I had it set to "chime". My car kept chiming at me, and I couldn't figure out why until I stopped and looked through all the settings.
Well - I do have the speed limit warning set to display (vs chime) - but there should have been no warning in that situation as I was driving on the interstate in a 65mph zone. So it is not clear to me at all what it could be trying to warn me about.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I had the Homelink burp that others have reported.

My e-mail to Tesla:

This morning, after interrupting a home charging session to meet an earlier than usual event, the green Homelink icon would not react in any manner to my inputs.

A two button reset was done and it enabled me to MANUALLY select my garage door for opening and for closing (no auto close).

I did a full "power off" for three minutes while away from home and the Homelink setup worked as per manufactures specifications upon returning home.

I have no idea if it will work correctly later today when I leave home again.

An in car bug report was sent.

-----------

Note regarding technique used to ensure true "power off" actually occurred:

My usual power down technique is at home, so rolling the drivers door window, closing the door, reaching in to push power off and walking away for 30 minutes couldn't be used this morning at a remote location.

Remote location technique: I sat in the seat without engaging the brake and had the HVAC fan on, then.....

I enabled the power off option, then....

I sat still (to avoid changing the state of the weight in seat sensor) and didn't interact with the car in any way, then....

After about 60 seconds the HVAC fan stopped, then......

After about another 90 seconds, the (what I assume is) the temperature blend door within the HVAC system went to its null position.

Once that noise from the HVAC system happens (it lasts about one second), I know I have a true power off state.
Update: the Homelink has worked perfectly since my power off reset.

Mesprit87

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Wipers coming ON as I approached the reflective gate at work on a sunny day...
If I translate my french report in english it came out as " Wipers coming ON as I approach the healing" good luck with that...
Is there a way to type it in?
Also, in french, the best (or only) way to initiate a report is by saying "Note"
No issue with Homelink on my side.

Protect1989

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sentry mode when parked:

Is there a way to get it to activate after the vehicle locks? I put it in park and sentry mode instantly is activated even when I’m still in the car. This usually results in it filming me leaving the vehicle and putting a “one sentry mode event detected” message on the screen.

Now I never know if it recorded an actual event or just me getting out of the car. How do I get sentry mode to activate in park AFTER lock?

DocScott

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sentry mode when parked:

Is there a way to get it to activate after the vehicle locks? I put it in park and sentry mode instantly is activated even when I’m still in the car. This usually results in it filming me leaving the vehicle and putting a “one sentry mode event detected” message on the screen.

Now I never know if it recorded an actual event or just me getting out of the car. How do I get sentry mode to activate in park AFTER lock?
Oddly, I don't have this problem. It does almost always record an event from me approaching the car when I come back, though, so if I think of it I turn it off from the app as I approach (which kind of negates keyless entry, but whatever!). :)

AmpHog

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've usually been quick to get updates, but this particular update has yet to arrive. I chatted with support yesterday and was told that 2019.16.2 hasn't yet been packaged and distributed for my particular configuration. Really? No one with LR AWD from mid-November has gotten this yet? Somehow I doubt that ... :rolleyes:

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last night I had the Homelink not do anything as well. I'm not sure if it tried to open, but the icon for the two garage doors was up. Pressing them didn't do anything. Worked fine this morning.
Same problem two nights in a row. First time, I reprogrammed door 1 and then door 2 started working itself. Today I just rebooted the car and both started working. Only since I upgraded

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same problem two nights in a row. First time, I reprogrammed door 1 and then door 2 started working itself. Today I just rebooted the car and both started working. Only since I upgraded
I had the same issue today for the first time. Rebooting the car fixed it. I’ve had the car since September, and have never had a problem with HomeLink until this morning.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Update: the Homelink has worked perfectly since my power off reset.
Leaving the house on Friday my homelink would not work. A reboot and 2 minutes later it was working and has worked since too.

Sentry mode when parked:

I was using Teslafi to turn on Sentry Mode before the latest SW release started doing it. Both Teslafi and Tesla turn it on when I park, but it has never recorded me getting out, even if I sit in the car a few minutes before exiting. It almost always records me coming back however.

I've usually been quick to get updates, but this particular update has yet to arrive. I chatted with support yesterday and was told that 2019.16.2 hasn't yet been packaged and distributed for my particular configuration. Really? No one with LR AWD from mid-November has gotten this yet? Somehow I doubt that ... :rolleyes:
I've got a Nov 20, 2018 build. AWD white interior, EAP, FSD (added after purchase) I received 16.2 several days ago.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well - I do have the speed limit warning set to display (vs chime) - but there should have been no warning in that situation as I was driving on the interstate in a 65mph zone. So it is not clear to me at all what it could be trying to warn me about.
Correction to the above - apparently either I accidentally changed the speed warning to absolute mode - 50 mph - or it somehow got changed when I updated to this level - either way - I went into the settings to double check since I set this stuff up a long time ago and found that it had been changed to 50 mph - absolute - which totally explains the warning I was seeing. The interesting thing is the relative offset that I had set up was still being used when I engaged TACC - anyhow - I changed it back to relative mode and the warning has disappeared. So not a bug with this level - except that maybe that setting got borked as part of the update - I don't typically go into that screen often at all - so can't imagine that I changed it to absolute - but I guess it is possible that I did it accidentally somehow.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Wipers coming ON as I approached the reflective gate at work on a sunny day...
If I translate my french report in english it came out as " Wipers coming ON as I approach the healing" good luck with that...
Is there a way to type it in?
Also, in french, the best (or only) way to initiate a report is by saying "Note"
No issue with Homelink on my side.
Although a PITA, I always follow up an in vehicle "bug report" with a detailed e-mail to Tesla regarding any unusual situations and/or context....along with my opinion on how it should have functioned in said situation and/or context.

I send the e-mail via my Tesla account as a feedback.......it may take a few weeks but I always get a reply.

Mike

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Oddly, I don't have this problem. It does almost always record an event from me approaching the car when I come back, though, so if I think of it I turn it off from the app as I approach (which kind of negates keyless entry, but whatever!). :)
How does one turn sentry mode off (or on) via the app?

RichEV

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Yeah, having sentry turn off automatically when the phone key approaches the car woud be nice.

HCD3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ditto me.