Firmware Build v9.0 2019.16.2 73d3f3c (5/20/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.16.2?

• Total voters

NEO

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
2019.16.2 73d3f3c is out

[MOD NOTE: Please use the voting buttons to express if you have or haven't installed this FW version. Please limit your replies to new features, bugs, learnings related to this version. Comments such as "Installing now", "when will I get this?", "# installs have been shown on Teslafi" will be removed without notice.]

Last edited by a moderator:

barjohn

Country
Country
TeslaFi is reporting this new version on a Model 3 in Texas. It appears to be rolling out quickly. Once someone gets it pleas post the notes. Let's hope it fixes phantom braking and making the rear view camera function without delay when using reverse among other bugs in 2019.12.1.2. It may also have advanced summon but somehow I doubt it. I guess we will see.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

android04

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How is the engagement of the back up camera and have you driven to test phantom braking?
I won't be driving it until around 8:15 pm tonight. And I didn't have any issues with phantom braking except for slowing down around curves that don't need slowing down (which were introduced in 12.1.2). I only had the backup camera issue (where it's dark for a few seconds) once or twice so it's not a big deal to me.

relidtm

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have 2 thoughts about this
one why is there a period in the middle like the glass roof got a crack?
and 2 maybe this is the next step for birdseye view?

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just returned from a 20 mile ride after updating to 16.2 from 12.1.2. The display of the car is about 2.5 times larger when there's no traffic around, and returns to usual size in traffic. Surrounding cars are dancing again. Sentry mode is easier to turn on with a push the main screen. Parallel parking was much quicker, but may be from earlier updates as it's been months since I tried it. For the first time ever, my right USB seems to be inoperable, camera is not recording. I would categorize this update as very minor based upon my very brief test-drive.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Last edited: