Firmware Build V9.0 2019.15.104.1 753f0a (7/10/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

have you installed it?

• Total voters
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installed immediately upon receiving notice several hours ago.
Purchased M3 LR AWD just over one week ago.
Was hopefull this was going to be a new 2019.20. release.
Going to check the label on the computer today to see if I have HW 2.5 or 3

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Installed immediately upon receiving notice several hours ago.
Purchased M3 LR AWD just over one week ago.
Was hopefull this was going to be a new 2019.20. release.
Going to check the label on the computer today to see if I have HW 2.5 or 3
If your car is 1 week old it's almost certainly HW3. They seem to have been shipping for quite a while now.

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So there are HW3 specific releases now? (Sorry this might have been known for a while, but not to me). Quite interesting. Would that suggest that this release need more computational power? Why would they need their own branch?

Frully

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So there are HW3 specific releases now? (Sorry this might have been known for a while, but not to me). Quite interesting. Would that suggest that this release need more computational power? Why would they need their own branch?
The fundamentally different AP architecture means plenty of the microcode operates in entirely different universes. Stuff like the neural net processing 40x more operations on far deeper channels (full RGB instead of R+chroma) in shorter time frames means there has to be different instructions.

As for the rest of the car features there may be/probably is some fragmentation among various car-ponents with individual firmwares being updated in slightly different ways as time goes on.