Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12 cb68c3d (4/6/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Did you install firmware 2019.12?

• Total voters

dannyskim

Maybe time to contact Service.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Didn't want to unnecessarily make an appointment but I believe it's time.

My motor whine is also aggravating me. Before I could not hear above 30mph, now I can distinctly hear it all the way up to 65mph given no headwinds, and it's especially loud at the 5 - 20mph range. It sounds more like milling at the low mph range.

Most people commented that it was normal, but when friends are asking "I thought Teslas were silent" when they're standing outside of the vehicle and I'm slowly passing by, all I can do is shrug.

MJJ

Been on 2019.12 for weekish and the screen freezes/reboots are off putting. Yesterday I had screen freeze between when I went from reverse to drive so it said I was in reverse while I was in drive before I rewlized it was frozen again. Steering wheel reboot helps but hope new update coming soon advanced EAP or not.
I hadn’t noticed this in the week we’ve had v. 12, until our 3 hour drive yesterday when the darn thing froze up and had to reboot FIVE TIMES. I suppose this is why 12 is not getting a wide release.

All seems quiet about what’s coming up... I wonder what’s next?

I also wonder, with the computer acting like it’s task saturated, if we will need the new hardware before much of substance rolls out.

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I hadn’t noticed this in the week we’ve had v. 12, until our 3 hour drive yesterday when the darn thing froze up and had to reboot FIVE TIMES. I suppose this is why 12 is not getting a wide release.

All seems quiet about what’s coming up... I wonder what’s next?

I also wonder, with the computer acting like it’s task saturated, if we will need the new hardware before much of substance rolls out.
Different computers. You are talking about the main screen computer which is an Intel CPU. The autopilot computer is the NVIDIA and the one that is to be upgraded with the Tesla/FSD CPU.

MJJ

Different computers. You are talking about the main screen computer which is an Intel CPU. The autopilot computer is the NVIDIA and the one that is to be upgraded with the Tesla/FSD CPU.
Good point!

And, what I found very interesting, is that through the reboots, AP and other vehicle functions continue. The screen is dark, yet autonomous lane changes, turn signals, even automatic high beam controls, still do their thing.

I’d say it’s 1-0, embedded programmers over the GUI team.

What’s your take on the sudden spate of lazy main screen behavior then?

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Good point!

And, what I found very interesting, is that through the reboots, AP and other vehicle functions continue. The screen is dark, yet autonomous lane changes, turn signals, even automatic high beam controls, still do their thing.

I’d say it’s 1-0, embedded programmers over the GUI team.

What’s your take on the sudden spate of lazy main screen behavior then?
If I had to guess I would bet on the new Atari emulator or the new Chromium based browser, but only Tesla knows and will fix soon. I had two reboots on 2019.12

Last edited:

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
NoA will not work though, at least that is my experience.

wst88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had a chance to do some real driving today. I have a route I take about 1 time per month out to some customers approximately 1:45min from Home. Couple of notes from the trip:
  • Ran on NAV on Autopilot ~90% of the Trip.
  • ~ 20 Successful lane changes no issues.
  • ~10 Successful after 2-5 hesitations - Car would start change, come back, start change come back.
  • ~5 Failed had to interrupt.
In general I was very impressed with the NAV, cornering, exiting. Issues with jerky moves seems to be eliminated. NAV works better when following a vehicle.

In regard to preheating before supercharge - Clear improvement. Same supercharger, same stall 2 different software versions and close to the same battery state. I am assuming the Supercharger was performing well in both cases. Each of these trips, I left home and traveled directly to the charger. On 2019.12, I had the supercharger set as the destination. Temperature may of been 5-10deg colder under the 2018.50(not 50.6). Charging rate held at higher levels through out the entire charge. Max was about 112KW and as you can see trend line was much better. Charge graphs are over similar state of charge. Data - TeslaFi.

Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.30.53 PM.png

Bigriver

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
I’ve had this firmware for 9 days, over 1000 miles, and 4 SC stops. Definitely gets to 120 kW much faster than anything I had ever seen. One screen blackout while driving, solved by reboot. Similar NOA behavior as @wst88 reports.

Also noticed weird overnight sleeping behavior on Tuesdays. Last week I thought it was a fluke, but doing same thing right now of constant waking up and sleep cycles. Note that it’s not resulting in large drains and I don’t see this as a problem, I just wonder what it’s doing. Much like watching my dog whimper in her sleep and wondering what’s happening in that brain?
EAF24CD7-350F-4847-912D-0B889DCF864F.jpeg

wst88

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also noticed weird overnight sleeping behavior on Tuesdays. Last week I thought it was a fluke, but doing same thing right now of constant waking up and sleep cycles. Note that it’s not resulting in large drains and I don’t see this as a problem, I just wonder what it’s doing. Much like watching my dog whimper in her sleep and wondering what’s happening in that brain?
I see 1-2 wakeup's at night only when plugged in, I do not see this behavior in Teslafi. You might consider checking the interaction between your car and Teslafi . That may be the source of the issue.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As odd as that sounds, technically it is correct to signal your intentions at a Y split (at least in Ontario back in the 1970s).
Nailed it! Wish this could be posted in all the threads debating when the blind spot warning chime should or should not come on.

I believe your response is one reason Tesla made the blind spot warning chime activate only under imminent collision. There are many cases, this is one, where the blinker is used for intent, not to actually move lanes.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just out of curiosity. Could this update be rolling out to people based on how much they use the browser?

My coworker that got it in his brand new model 3 was super excited for chromium. I was baffled by his excitement since I have gone into the browser only twice since purchasing our model 3 mid last year. Needless to say, I assume he used the browser a lot.

Does everyone who has gotten this update actually use the browser (or games) in the car?

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just out of curiosity. Could this update be rolling out to people based on how much they use the browser?

My coworker that got it in his brand new model 3 was super excited for chromium. I was baffled by his excitement since I have gone into the browser only twice since purchasing our model 3 mid last year. Needless to say, I assume he used the browser a lot.

Does everyone who has gotten this update actually use the browser (or games) in the car?
I've had 2019.12 for about a week. I've never user web browser and only played games for a few minutes when they first came out.

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've had 2019.12 for about a week. I've never user web browser and only played games for a few minutes when they first came out.
Dang it. I was going to go out and play some games.... Are you on any other special program with Tesla?

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Dang it. I was going to go out and play some games.... Are you on any other special program with Tesla?
No, and I don't usually get updates early. I have no plausible explanation for getting .12 when I did.