Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12.1 d9eaf40 (04/25/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.12.1?

• Total voters

Nautilus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Weirdly it started charging at 10 PM at the normal rate. I don’t have TOU settings active in either my Juicebox Pro 40 or model 3. Hopefully just a fluke. Moving on....
When I've had difficulties achieving full charging rate, it is usually because the locking tab in the charge port is unable to engage. There is then a message on the screen that the charge current is limited due to the charger not being locked in place. This usually only happens to me when it's been cold, although once or twice when it was above freezing as well. You being from Newport Beach, I'm thinking it was not temperature related.

I've had this problem both at home with my JuiceBox Pro 40 and at work with the Chargepoint there.

Arktctr

Country
Country
When I've had difficulties achieving full charging rate, it is usually because the locking tab in the charge port is unable to engage. There is then a message on the screen that the charge current is limited due to the charger not being locked in place. This usually only happens to me when it's been cold, although once or twice when it was above freezing as well. You being from Newport Beach, I'm thinking it was not temperature related.

I've had this problem both at home with my JuiceBox Pro 40 and at work with the Chargepoint there.
Vehicle was in my garage at the time and outside temps were probably around 60 so not likely any factor there. I did contact Tesla
SC who remotely diagnosed this issue and said there was a logged error with the chargeport and there was another available update for my car. I was pushed an update to 12.1.1 2 days later and haven't had an issue since so everything is back to normal.

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So how does the check for software update work? The instructions say to look at controls? Is that on my car and if it's on my where? Is in the app? If so I checked the controls section and there doesn't seem to be a software check section.

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So how does the check for software update work? The instructions say to look at controls? Is that on my car and if it's on my where? Is in the app? If so I checked the controls section and there doesn't seem to be a software check section.
If you open the controls menu on your car (the leftmost icon, the one that is a car). Software will be the last tab at the bottom.
BTW, there is no way to check for updates. One can only check if there are updates staged for the car. With that information then you can connect your car to WiFi and the download should start and you can see the progress on that tab.

Last edited:

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you open the controls menu on your car (the leftmost icon, the one that is a car). Software will be the last tab at the bottom.
BTW, there is no way to check for updates. One can only check if there are updates staged for the car. With that information then you can connect your car to WiFi and the download should start and you can see the progress on that tab.
Thanks it wasn't clear from the information provided. Not sure how much less waiting for an available update this will provide. I guess it's something though. :)