Firmware Build v9.0 2019.12.1 d9eaf40 (04/25/2019)

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you installed firmware 2019.12.1?

• Total voters

dannyskim

According to Reddit 12.1 "Looks like it includes High Speed Performance, Software Update tab, On-Route Battery Warmup, new Atari games, additional languages, new web browser, and updated tpms"
The notes on this release are all the same as 2019.12, which I have and have had since 04/07. Granted, 2019.12 didn't get a wide release so I'm sure these things are new to most people.

I have a software update ready to install so I would assume it's 2019.12.1, but I cannot install because my 12v battery needs service, and I've had the alert up for a week. Trying to get mobile service to replace it as 9 months on a battery (even for a Tesla) is pretty freaking terrible.

Also, my LR RWD 3 still only shows 306 - 308 miles on full charge extrapolated. Hopefully 2019.12.1 fixes that finally. Before 8.5 I was sitting at 310 100%.

TomT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
All this was already in .12 which I have had for two weeks... A x.x.1 version tells me that 12.1 is likely just a minor bug fix...

airj1012

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is no software update request. There is a Software tab where you can see the staging of a software update for your car and the progress of download.
No button to ask for the update.
Ah, thanks for the clarification. I obviously don't have that release yet!

ahagge

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon mentioned in a Twitter post a week or so ago that the browser was changing to a Chrome/Chromium-based one. Does this one appear to be based on Chrome? Tabs, etc.? Or is it the same one as before, just "better" somehow?

Ze1000

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Elon mentioned in a Twitter post a week or so ago that the browser was changing to a Chrome/Chromium-based one. Does this one appear to be based on Chrome? Tabs, etc.? Or is it the same one as before, just "better" somehow?
I am on 2019.12 and the browser is based on Chromium. Way faster! Don't expect it to be Chrome like. Chromium is the framework.

Arktctr

Country
Country
Updated last night. About 10 “load errors” noted in streaming audio on 30 min drive to work this morning. Also unable to use voice command to create bug report. Otherwise, autopilot seemed a bit less mechanical and more natural than before. Still surprised after all this time it still quickly shifts over to center itself in lane when right lane on-ramp is merging. It always feels like I am aggressively maneuvering to block merging traffic. Rant over.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
backup camera delay is still persists, especially when you are reverse parking after a drive. Web browser is super fast.
I didnt dared to test Red light warning though.
Interesting... the first thing I noticed was NO more delay with the backup camera (either upon getting into it in the garage or reversing into parking spot). Perhaps a reboot would help?